The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
12,260 Posts
January meeting of the BOC is gonna be interesting. I am sure all of the special interest groups are bending the ear of every commissioner already.

For sure. Hope they add a Sunday for this Spring turkey season!!!

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Since we have so many seasons and only 3 Sundays, i can see Social media going more crazy than normal next year. Not enough Sundays to pass around and some of those groups will not get a Sunday.

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
This allows the PGC to add 3 Sundays but does not order them to have 3 Sundays. Or am I reading into it. Waugh!

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
I could not care less which day they pick. Lobbying for a certain season for one day is much to do about nothing and I will not be hunting any of the 3 days, not because of religious reasons, but because I am sick and tired of the I want more crowd.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
I could not care less which day they pick. Lobbying for a certain season for one day is much to do about nothing and I will not be hunting any of the 3 days, not because of religious reasons, but because I am sick and tired of the I want more crowd.
So if they extend a season on a day or days other than a Sunday, will you hunt those? Or stay home in protest to the "want more crowd" too? :plain:

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
i wont hunt Sundays simply because i am retired and get tired of hunting the 6 days a week i have now :)
I think it's part of the law you MUST hunt those Sundays!!! Gonna be tough on us retired guys. At least now that you are no longer shooting those SSTs (I hope), you won't have any long tracking lobs.:smile2:

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
So if they extend a season on a day or days other than a Sunday, will you hunt those? Or stay home in protest to the "want more crowd" too? :plain:
:lol::lol: Since Sunday is the last day of the week there is no other day to extend the week, 7 days is all you get. This is much to do about nothing no matter how much some want to claim a victory.

·
Registered
19,035 Posts
got rid of those SST's ;) went back to the tried and true Remington Core lokts. so far i dropped a doe in September (red tag property) at 221 yards.

Reactions: simoncool

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
:lol::lol: Since Sunday is the last day of the week there is no other day to extend the week, 7 days is all you get. This is much to do about nothing no matter how much some want to claim a victory.
If a season is 13 days and they add 2 more, but not on Sundays, that's still an extension.
Or is this not the cloud you're yelling at?
Never claimed victory... yet you seem to be claiming some form of moral superiority for some reason....
You express an issue with the "want more crowd" therefore you must "want same" or "want less".... which is fine...
Just curious that you feel the need to express dismissal/disdain of those who do perceive a gain from this...

·
Registered
569 Posts
More for the rest of us. yaaaaaa

·
Registered
504 Posts
Great to see the gnashing of teeth and wringing of hands over hunting issues, (read - fighting and arguing).
Tell me you antis don’t hunt Sundays when out of state.
40 some states allow Sunday hunting.
There is no sane or logical reason not to have it.
Hunters can agree on nothing, it will make it so much easier to ban hunting sometime in the future because the Anti hunting crowd is in unison and focused on destroying our way of life. We are too busy bickering amongst ourselves and will easily be defeated.

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
I didn't want Sunday hunting...I hate change. But once again, I didn't get my way. Good thing I grew up in a house full of sisters, and moved on to daughters. I learned pretty early on I'm not always (more like never) gonna get my way!:grin2:

I'll be out there Sunday(not this year, when it's legal)...not gonna let someone shoot MY buck!!!

Which makes me wonder...how many guys are going to be out there hunting this year on the first Sunday of the season. "What do you mean, I read it in the paper, Sunday huntin' is legal now". I betcha it happens. Perhaps they should have waited until the beginning of the year to pass the law. It would have went a long way in avoiding confusion this year.

·
Registered
12,260 Posts
If a season is 13 days and they add 2 more, but not on Sundays, that's still an extension.
Or is this not the cloud you're yelling at?
Never claimed victory... yet you seem to be claiming some form of moral superiority for some reason....
You express an issue with the "want more crowd" therefore you must "want same" or "want less".... which is fine...
Just curious that you feel the need to express dismissal/disdain of those who do perceive a gain from this...
Yep. Also funny because he hunts with a crossbow which became legal because of the "want more crowd" lobbied for it. Probably alot of other things that he partakes of that was changed because hunters asked for it. Oh well. One less hunter that will be out there enjoying another day of hunting. Won't bother me at all.

·
Registered
4,298 Posts
How will leap year effect this? I really don't need the Sunday but I'm sure others will love to get out. Which is good. What's bad is PA often has trouble figuring out what day it is.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts