The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been a supporter of drilling and one of my friends is currently negotiating a lease on his 70 acres. late yesterday I talked to a landman for Chesapeake and he advised me that my 3.5 acres is in a target area and that he wanted to talk to my wife and I next week. pretty interesting to say the least. I checked my deed and see that I dont own my coal rights but still retain all other mineral rights...funny thing is we are considering selling the home and land but that may change depending on what happens.

Timber

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
How much do you expect to make off 3.5 acres? I did estimates for my two acres and it was like 3,000/year! Are my estimates low?

·
Registered
5,204 Posts
We are receiving royalties now on 50 acres. Its a nice chunk but not extremely high. 3.5 acres will not be much.

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
gooseguy said:
How much do you expect to make off 3.5 acres? I did estimates for my two acres and it was like 3,000/year! Are my estimates low?
Not bad considering at todays interest rates, you would need around 300 grand to get that return. I rent out prime farmland for $55 an acre.

·
Registered
95 Posts
$3000 a year for 3.5 acres??? I know alot of people in Bradford Co are making alot more than that in royalties. Don't believe everything you read on the internet!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts