The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stopped at my local muzzleloader only supply store. I about flipped when I asked how much FF powder was. $23.95 a pound. That is one of those red cans full. I new it wasn't cheap, but holy smokes. $45.00 later I had everything I needed for the season, and out the door. Thanks for reading...

·
Registered
6,695 Posts
The BATF hits the dealers with a $500 yearly fee to sell it. They have to recover the fee by adding to the price. That can vary based on the volume each dealers sales projection is. I've seen it higher than what you paid.

Don't spill any...

·
Super Moderator
12,799 Posts
That's not horrible...I've seen 25-30$...

When I started 10-11 years ago now...it was 15$ a pound...I actually think it was 12 or 13$...then 15...then 20...

Its still not THAT expensive..70-100 shots per pound (7000gr per pound) for average charges...easy math say 100 shots...that's 23 cents a shot...(plus projectile..)

Black powder is more addictive than meth....stock up! Lol

·
Registered
781 Posts
I bought a can the other night and it was $19.99. I looked at my old can and it was $12.95. That's some inflation right there.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Two weeks ago I paid $29.95 plus tax for a pound of FFg. I checked my records and I paid less than $6.00 for a pound of FFFFg in 1979. I use it only in the pan and I still have some of it left.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts