The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I picked up my new flinter last week! It is a colonial Va made my Cabincreek, Brad Emig. It has a 42in 54 cal colerain tapered barrell that is coned. The stock is presentation grade curly maple. My initials are inlayed in silver on the wrist. The card is from saturday, shot during the woods walk at the lancaster longrifles rondevous. Didn't get the point b/c the card was not completly cut.

http://s625.photobucket.com/albums/tt334/brewyak/new%20flinter%20picts/

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
no name for it yet. I know that it will come to me soon. It sure is fun to shoot, probably have 50 shots or so through it. Glad I just picked up a couple pounds of powder to burn.

·
Registered
3,555 Posts
Shes purty, whatever her name is

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
That is, indeed, a very fine looking rifle! Best of luck and best wishes for many, many years of enjoyment! There is something very, very special about sitting quietly in a grove of hemlocks and oaks, waiting for a whitetail, and clinging to such a rifle! Enjoy!

·
Banned
24,445 Posts
Beautiful gun there Brewyak!!
I knew that when you were first lookin & asked me for input bout my Brad Emig built PA Mountain Rifle that you would be 100% pleased if you went with him!!

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I agree with Longhunter, the name will come in time. Currently I am learning her ways. Tommorrow hopefully I will get to know her a little better. Going to give that swiss a shot.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Hey Brew ,I would reduce the charge about 20gr to start out with then work back up till you get same POI. You will probably end up at 10 to 15gr less of Swiss.

In my .62 it was 20gr less for the same poi at 100yds with the same accuracy and cleaner burning.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks long that is sort of what I was going to do, but might go with 50yds then work my way to 100

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Loggy said:
Beautiful gun there Brewyak!!
I knew that when you were first lookin & asked me for input bout my Brad Emig built PA Mountain Rifle that you would be 100% pleased if you went with him!!

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Banned
24,445 Posts
Brewyak...if your looking for an outstanding CPA for advisory services in structuring the purchase transaction to avoid any undue stress on the better half....call 1-800-Loggy!! I have over 36 years successful experience!!

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The swiss powder shot well yesterday, it did like 70grains will keep working with her. I can't believe how clean it shoots, it is night and day compaired to the goex

·
Banned
24,445 Posts
brewyak said:
The swiss powder shot well yesterday, it did like 70grains will keep working with her. I can't believe how clean it shoots, it is night and day compaired to the goex
Amen brewyak!!

I went to Swiss Black Powder about 5-6 years ago & will never again shoot Goex. Swiss is much cleaner, a more consistent granualation plus you can back off load approx 10% vs comparable Goex load.

·
Registered
8,550 Posts
WOW!!! Fantastic looking wood!

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
yeah I have heard that before. Once you go swiss you won't go back.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts