The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
January of 2013 my son and I hunted predators in Idaho. We had a great hunt. I was fortunate to kill a Mt. Lion and he was able to take a very large bobcat. They arrived today from "River of No Return Taxidermy" in Salmon, ID!! BEAUTIFUL!!! I'll be sure to post pix tomorrow. Finally we will see a pic of a Mt Lion in PA!!!!

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Took these pix with my cell phone. No flash, so not the greatest quality, but, very cool!!

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Really nice !
Great pose on the Mt. Lion .
, and that is (was) one healty bobcat , any idea what it weighed ?

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Awesome cats! Congrats to you both! My buddy from the Army is chasing them in Utah now. Having a tuff time of it with the weather. Hoping it changes for him.

·
Registered
3,747 Posts
Nice cat! That bobcat looks huge also!

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys! My son's bobcat weighed in at 35 lbs!! They ran that cat for almost 7 hours until he had the shot on a rock ledge 50 feet above them. I didn't want to do my lion in an aggressive pose. The overwhelming majority of times when we see them they are either relaxing, feeling safe up a tree or running away. That's basically the pose he was displaying when I shot him.

·
Banned
649 Posts
It blows my mind that hunters in PA would leave there trophys with a taxidermist out west when PA has some of the best taxidermist the country has to offer and to boot a WORLD CHAMPION with a cougar! For me if I wasn't a taxidermist I would want the best ! If I ever do go cougar hunting he just may get it anyway!

·
Super Moderator
24,060 Posts
Nice mounts!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts