The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got my knife back that I had fixed. Like a dummy I was whacking with it and hit a fence staple, put a nick in the edge. He reground the edge and made me a new sheath to boot. Thing is scary sharp. Just thought I would post a pic of her. Also, I hope to get her bloody this fall.

·
Registered
19,190 Posts
That's a nice knife!

I just had one made by my buddy that looks similar to yours. 3.5 inch blade, Damascus steel, custom handle of knotted oak from my own tree, really nice. We met at his house over a beer to have him form the handle so it fit my hand perfectly. The patterns in the blade are amazing.

I never would have dreamed of dropping $200 for a knife, but once I saw some of his wares I was hooked. Since then he's been to my house for get-togethers w/neighbors and friends, and he's walked away with orders for several more. Pretty cool and good for him!

I did get a chance to bloody it up a few times last fall, it's so sharp it's scary!

If I can post a pic I will.

BH

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That one is a 4.5 A2 tool steel. It is a little bigger than I would have picked, but it was a gift so I'm not complaining. I was also given a little Blind Horse Knives patch knife.

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bumblehick said:
That's a nice knife!

I just had one made by my buddy that looks similar to yours. 3.5 inch blade, Damascus steel, custom handle of knotted oak from my own tree, really nice. We met at his house over a beer to have him form the handle so it fit my hand perfectly. The patterns in the blade are amazing.

I never would have dreamed of dropping $200 for a knife, but once I saw some of his wares I was hooked. Since then he's been to my house for get-togethers w/neighbors and friends, and he's walked away with orders for several more. Pretty cool and good for him!

I did get a chance to bloody it up a few times last fall, it's so sharp it's scary!

If I can post a pic I will.

BH
Would love to see a pic. I can see a twisted steel blade in my future.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts