The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my coyote back from last year and I'm not too happy about the eyes, the taxidermist really screwed them up, they are crossed. If I bring it to another taxidermist are the eyes fixable, can a different set be put in? Can they be adjusted? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
999 Posts
Re: Got my coyote back, not happy with the eyes.....

Why did you take it home?
I don't understand why people feel that they have to take a piece home if they aren't happy with it. You're paying for a professional service and if you're not happy open your mouth and let them know.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts

I asked a taxidermist to repaint a fish mount that I didn't care for. He told me that he wouldn't fix another taxidermists work and that most other taxidermists are the same way. Not sure if that's the case or not.

·
Registered
5,617 Posts

letinmfly said:
Why did you take it home?
I don't understand why people feel that they have to take a piece home if they aren't happy with it. You're paying for a professional service and if you're not happy open your mouth and let them know.
Yea I wouldnt have given him a dime. Lets see some pics. How bad could it be?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

So here it is, Since I brought it home yesterday the more I look at it the more I do not like it. I'm calling the guy Monday and asking him to fix it.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts

pabrushbuster71 said:
So here it is, Since I brought it home yesterday the more I look at it the more I do not like it. I'm calling the guy Monday and asking him to fix it.

LOL, sorry......

·
Banned
649 Posts

Sorry to see that , it could be fixed hopefully he will take care of it .

·
Registered
1,006 Posts

man that thing has a mess of problems
im sayin if that is what he is sending out of his shop then you better start lookin for a new taxidermist
i would doubt very highly that the original taxidermist could fix it, if he could, it wouldnt look that way in the first place
good luck let us know how things work out

·
Registered
1,006 Posts

i would work somebody elses mount
a carpenter would remodel a house he did not build
so why not?

·
Registered
4,735 Posts

DUDE!!! Yer yote looks like a cartoon.That is really a poor job of setting the eyes

OR

Was the yote cross eyed when ya shot him,lol...YOU SHOT A HANDICAPPED YOTE THAT COULDN'T EVEN SEE..SAD,JUST SAD..Hahahahahaha

·
Registered
2,074 Posts

Find a new taxi. That thing's a mess. Ears dont look even, teeth aren't painted, they're to white. Eyes are way off.

I agree with jonny z if that's his idea of good work he'll never be able to fix it.

·
Registered
378 Posts

It looks like its going to start singing and moving around like the Country Bear Jamboree , lol

·
Registered
502 Posts
this guy spent his hard earned money to preserve a memory and got screwed and most of you find it acceptable to laugh at him!!! poor taste and crude.
What does this say to new members who join this site

Pabrushbuster, sorry to hear of your misfortune and hope someone can help you make it right

·
Registered
2,279 Posts

wow sorry....i would go to another taxudermist if i were to fix that... from the way it looks i dont think he would put too much tim into fixing.. It is so apparent it is wacky looking that he had to see it and just hope you said nothing.. NO WAY didn he not notice the mess up...

·
Registered
166 Posts
Yeah - that coyote certainly doesn't look too good at all to say the least. Something about canines - I very seldom see good mounts that look natural and lifelike. Maybe it's becasue taxi's don't do enough of them like deer or bear to get good, maybe there are not enough forms available to and the animals vary in size so much that it is hard to get the right fit. I don't know. I've got a red fox at the taxidermist right now, and not holding out great hopes for something I'll really be happy with but took the chance. Even the mounts I see people posting on here or on Tman website that they are happy with don't usually look to great to me.

Definitely seems your guy needs to pick up a dozeon roadkills or something and do some practice B4 he starts charging for canine work. Could also be alittle your fault for requesting a shoulder mount and open mouth - I've never seen a yote done that way and don't know what I'd expect - but it wouldn't likely represent something you'd expect to see in the field.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts

Not to mention the ears look like they were set to resemble a lifeless yote that was shot... not what i would expect a live yotes ears to resemble... Real sorry for the outcome... it really [censored] when you wait so long and are excited to get a mount and you are not happy with it... I once shot a 10 poind in rifle season while at college. I shot it before my evening class.. I took it to a taxidermist that was close.. I did this for two reasons.. one i didn't have much money and the other tis that it was close and took the entire deer to him to cape before i had to go to class... lots of logistics had to do with my descision... Everytime i look at it I regret my descision not to take to a trusted taxi i went to in the past... always said some day i would have the antlers put on another deer i shot... never did that so i just deal with it now.... Nothing is better then getting a mout back and saying wow... that is way better then i would have ever hoped for.... Good luck... At least ask a taxi what he could do....

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Truthfully I am more dissappointed than anything. The 42lb yote I shot was a beautiful animal and now I'm stuck with this hot mess. I have been dying to get one so I can get it mounted and it bums me out. I'm going to start calling around to see if anyone else will fix it for me. Will keep you guys posted

·
Registered
5,555 Posts

I feel so sorry for you, I hope that they fix this or you get it fixed.

1 - 20 of 120 Posts