The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
knew I had some deduc but19%a 8th gross was 147 4/8 net 128 3/8 knocked him down bad with 12 scorable points

·
Registered
594 Posts
I have never understood the need for net. Id rather kill a 147 that nets 128 than one that grosses 130 and nets 128. You killed a good buck buck regardless of the number on a score sheet.

·
Registered
5,350 Posts
PHA said:
I have never understood the need for net. Id rather kill a 147 that nets 128 than one that grosses 130 and nets 128. You killed a good buck buck regardless of the number on a score sheet.
me too....Nets are for fish!

·
Registered
12,252 Posts
runningdeer said:
PHA said:
x3

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
runningdeer said:
PHA said:
ding ding ding! we have a winner!

I hate the "well he has alot of deductions blah blah blah..."

IMO the deductions give the buck character.

·
Super Moderator
26,957 Posts
I have limited knowledge on the scoring process, as I don't care, but it is my understanding the deductions are basically things about the buck's rack that makes it different from whatever factors are used to determine a "typical" rack. To me then, deductions are a good thing in that they provide some uniqueness to him.

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
BcozHunter said:
I have limited knowledge on the scoring process, as I don't care, but it is my understanding the deductions are basically things about the buck's rack that makes it different from whatever factors are used to determine a "typical" rack. To me then, deductions are a good thing in that they provide some uniqueness to him.

I agree 100%. I like the uniqueness of each buck when they have stickers and abnormalities.

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
Sticker or kickers or whatever you want to call them are one thing, but taking away inches because the deer didn't grow both of his antlers perfectly symetrical is dumb.

Nets are for fishing!

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
It's no big deal! It's just a grading system the B&C and P&Y use to record antlered bucks or any other North American game animal into thier books. It is what it is. It takes nothing away from your trophy. If you don't plan on entering into the books what's the big deal. You know what you shot.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Nature is imperfect. I agree the scoring system is just dumb but who cares.... It should be based on gross score period. Bigger is bigger, it's not a beauty pagent...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts