The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at the Gander sale flyer the other day and saw they have a Rossi stainless 357/6 1/2" barrel. Good looking handgun. Anyone ever shoot one of these or hear how dependable they are. I thought about getting one. Thanks for reading..

·
Registered
448 Posts
My dad has a Rossi 357 in the snub nose and it has been good for him thus far. It seems as good as my Taurus, which is who is making Rossi now. . I wouldn't be afraid to buy one and have actually considered it myself if I wanted a 357. That being said I am sure many will steer you to other manufactures, which may be better quality but also will run the price up.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nothing wrong with quality. I was wondering who was making Rossi handguns. thanks guys.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Nothing wrong with quality. I guess I assumed since he was asking about Rossi he probably wasn't looking spend the price of manufactures that are typically put as superior in quality to Taurus and Rossi, and I was stating for the price I feel Rossi and Taurus are quality made firearms at least in my experience.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Well, since Taurus is making it, I'm sure you will be pleasantly surprised.

I have owned 3 Taurus revolvers.....An M-44, The first Raging Bull in .454 and the second Raging Bull .454.

The M-44 was sweet...would shoot right with my S&W 629. I traded it in on a .454. It was one of the early production revolvers and did have one problem. After 2 years and about 300 rounds, it started to spit lead....Out of time.

My gunsmith sent it back to Brazil, they sent him a letter stating that they considered it "Unfixable". A week or so later, A new Raging Bull in .454 showed up.

No charge. They even reimbursed him for the initial shipping.

From my limited experience, I would say that it should be a great gun to treasure for many years.....If not, They Will fix it. Great customer service.

By the way, My Father was the Police Chief in a small rural community for 22 years.....He carried a 2" barreled Rossi .38 as his backup weapon for most of those years. He trusted his life to it....I would have no qualms about purchasing a Rossi.

·
Registered
18,429 Posts
Just make sure you price them at other places besides Gander. I recently purchased a Ruger Super Redhawk (new) at a local shop for $120 cheaper than what Gander was selling them for.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Agree...Rossi guns are decent for one on a budget. I would look other than Gander-they are often overpriced.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts