The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How close does it have to be for you guys to call it an official double.. I got one red (1 male, 1 female) at each end of this fence today. Had two dirtholes at each end but didn't get em caught side by side.. Not complaining but my buddy is busting me saying its not a legit double because they're 50-75 yards apart.. Who votes that its a double?
Other fox is in the background on the left side of the fence..

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
<span style="font-weight: bold">i vote double. Congrats.</span>

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
I'd say that's a double, but was there any sets in between them?

·
Registered
9,145 Posts
At this point, I'm ready to call any 2 animals trapped on the same DAY a double. LOL

Congrats!

·
Registered
434 Posts
looks like a double to me. I see 2 Foxes in the same pic. How many did your friend put in his truck today?

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
tundragriz said:
I'd say that's a double, but was there any sets in between them?
Ya.. That's what started it. I had two dirtholes at each end of that fence...

I wanna finally get a double like Lugnut was getting last year.. How many you get at that spot this year? Got any good pics? I'd like to see some from last year just to remind me.. You were hammering them at that spot...

And I agree, if you can see both animals, its a double... Unless your using binoculars to see the other one.. ha..

Happy trappin fellas. Get after em now. The female had VERY slight rubbing...

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
trappin4reds2010 said:
I wanna finally get a double like Lugnut was getting last year.. How many you get at that spot this year? Got any good pics? I'd like to see some from last year just to remind me.. You were hammering them at that spot...
It is not going well at that spot this year. I think another trapper is cutting them off from the west. Dispersal is about to begin so we will see...

But that is for another thread...don't want to hi-jack yours.

I'll leave you with this double from last season and a congratulations on yours!

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well mine might be a double.. But not like that one!! Hope things pick up for ya once the reds start moving a little more.. Thanks for the pic..

If you define a double as being able to see both animals then I've doubled on reds, greys, coon, coyotes, coyotes/fox... But NEVER 6 feet apart like that.. I love it.. Maybe for Christmas... lol

Thanks again..

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I say its a double Congrats!! What bait or lure you useing if you don't mind me asking???

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'll tell ya exactly how I had it set up as far as lure goes. I've been keeping pretty good record of what lures I've used and where..
2 dirtholes at each end of that fence. Gusto on the closest fence post about 3-4 feet up at one end..
1- Lenon's Coyote Lure - catch
1- Mark June's Songdog supreme - empty
1- Silent Partner - Empty
1- Homemade bait (tainted beaver and mink meat + castor + a secret ingredient.... ha) - catch

That's the 2nd red this week on the homemade bait but all 4 of those lures have worked well for me in the past... Hope that helps.

I set this farm 3 days ago with coyotes in mind because there are plenty around. I was actually surprised to see the reds. Last season I only got coyotes and greys off this farm..

1 - 20 of 22 Posts