The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my one buddy out lastnight, we went to the first stand seen 3 deer, and called in 1 coon. We left him go. then went another spot on the same property and as we were walking in we seen probably 20 deer, flushed liked 20-30 kill deer that were in the field. So odds weren't lookin good. We were scaring everything out of the fields. We set up and started calling. about 5-6 minutes into it i caught eyes about 150yds away just bouncing in. I looked at my buddy and told him to get ready, here comes a fox. So he got ready and when he got about 100yds he hung up. But he kept looking over into the woodline, The fox wasn't staring at the call or us he kept looking back into the woods then all of a sudden he turned around and took off to where he came from. so i kept the call going and about 1 minute later I seen eyes comin through the woods. I told my buddy to get ready and he did, the coyote ran out of the woods and about 20 yds into the field and turned broadside. I said shoot him,and about the time he shoots and I watched the coyote just drop. We were so excited. That is his first predator calling at night. What a way to start out if ya ask me!

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Got a buddy hooked for life now!

yeah, but can't figure out how to get em up.

·
Registered
927 Posts
How far back is that guy sitting behind the coyote? That looks like somthing that would tare sombody up. How much did it way?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts