The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
40,543 Posts
I saw that on the news. People are complaining they shouldn't have shot the gorilla. If they don't shoot him and he kills the child then people want to know why they didn't shoot the gorilla.

How does this happen? What are his parents doing when he gets into the enclosure? They are responsible for the death of the animal.

·
Registered
22,072 Posts
Ironically, the gorilla was taking better care of the child than the parents.

·
Registered
208 Posts
dc 21 said:
I saw that on the news. People are complaining they shouldn't have shot the gorilla. If they don't shoot him and he kills the child then people want to know why they didn't shoot the gorilla.

How does this happen? What are his parents doing when he gets into the enclosure? They are responsible for the death of the animal.
The parents should be charged for their negligence re not properly ensuring their 3 year child was not in harms way. Same as leaving kids locked in cars & they die from extreme heat. Hope they are prosecuted.

·
Registered
20,204 Posts
Thought Obama would have blown off a Memorial Day appearance and come to the parents defense.

Cant say the mother was totally at fault, Im sure everyone lost sight of a child once in your life, but this kid had to navigate a lot of obstacles to end up in the mote.
The mother also runs a daycare.....bet this will be good for business.

·
Administrator
29,886 Posts
Reading the comments on some of the news links to this story, I have lost all faith in the human race. The amount of people that even questioned doing whatever was necessary to save that child is down right scary.

Was the mother negligent? Maybe, maybe not. Who the heck cares though, once that kid was in with the gorilla!?!?

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
As a father of two youngin's, I can't jump to ANY conclusions why the 4 yr old was in the enclosure. I can say I do not fault the zoo for doing what they did to save the boy. Yeah, it would be great if there were instantaneous tranquilizers but there are not. They did what they had to do.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts