The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm interested in learning to hunt geese and ducks. I live in Montgomery County 5C. If anyone needs a partner, I'm ready to go! Have a 12 gauge and camo's.

·
Registered
282 Posts
might wanna post this in the waterfowlers forum...
may get a hit or two....

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Good luck! You may have better luck getting into Fort Knox. They are very protective of there hot spots but Pa hunter is correct using the waterfowl forum.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I am also a rookie in SE PA who wants to get out a little more. If any of the other rookies want to team up and see what we can put together I am game. I will be starting from scratch so will be posting a lot of zeros but would enjoy some camaraderie.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
If you guys were a little a little closer to me I would take you guys out. It is tough trying to get into a waterfowlers spot because of lack of respect but I would rather have you learn than just wing it.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Go to New Jersey, the hunting is 1,000X better. In the coastal marshes we sometimes see 8-10 different species of ducks and geese in one day. Today we saw bluebills, canvasback,buffleheads, mallards, blackducks and Brant. Not bad for looking at ramps just to see the ice situation.

·
Registered
955 Posts
I've hunted both ducks and geese in the past, our spots are gone now due to development,so I would like to throw my hat in the quest to join a few board members for a waterfowl hunt next year. Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts