The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody on here run them??? I've been reading a lot of good reviews on them and seeing some good videos on youtube. What is your experience with them? How well do they wear? When I run off my current set of tires, I am thinking about getting a set in 285/75/18's for my truck.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
With my original post about "Tire recommendations" it would have be nice if we could have started a poll with a rating system to see what tires come out on top and what tires to stay away from

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
I used to run Wranglers because that is what came from the factory on my Ford Explorers and Bronco twos. They did not get the millage I thought they should get. I switched around til I found Cooper Discoverer AT3s and I never looked back. Good traction whiteout being noisy and I got just under 50 grand on the set I replaced when they still would have passed inspection last Nov because I didn't want to worry about my tires when I went up to Elk Co to hunt elk.

·
Registered
20,482 Posts
My experience is that they are good traction tires, but wear too quickly to justify the price.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
the duratracs are kinda known for weak sidewalls.
folks who wheel 4X4s tend to avoid them like the plague because of this

they are not to be confused with the duratracs with the Kevlar sidewalls ..
they run around $400 each

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
they are not to be confused with the duratracs with the Kevlar sidewalls ..
they run around $400 each
These are the ones I'm talking about. They run like $300-$400 apiece depending on the size. I've never seen a bad comment on them other than some say they're a bit loud. Never seen a single comment on them about weak sidewalls and some reports have people getting 100,000 miles on a single set of tires.??? If I got anywhere near that I wouldn't mind paying $400 apiece.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
These are the ones I'm talking about. They run like $300-$400 apiece depending on the size. I've never seen a bad comment on them other than some say they're a bit loud. Never seen a single comment on them about weak sidewalls and some reports have people getting 100,000 miles on a single set of tires.??? If I got anywhere near that I wouldn't mind paying $400 apiece.
I've never heard anything bad about the Kevlar duratracs , but then again I don't know of many if any people running them.
it will all come down to use.
there are a lot of regular duratracs on the street without any real issues.tho I have heard they lack lateral grip
my exp. has been with off road use ,where sidewall damage is more likely.
I see a lot of Nitto, Toyo and BFG (because of the snow rating)they are in the $250-$350 range.

tire life is a trade off of performance.
a softer compound grips and performs better..
the harder a tire compound , the longer its lifespan.
now noise on the other hand ,,
that's all on the tread pattern and how each vehicle wears it

·
Registered
624 Posts
I’ve had a set of dura tracs on my last Duramax. They wore poorly plus I lost 2 to stone punctures through the tread just coming up my driveway. Traction was great at first but went south fast as the tire wore.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts