The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

Goodbye Xterra

3K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  11B4PT2 
#1 ·
Just read the 2015 is the last year for the Xterra.Can't believe it,I,m soo P----D! Had 2 and still drive a 2012.They're great.Now I don't know what to get when I deceide to buy again.Any suggestions out there.Jeeps just don,t cut it for me but I might consider one

#6 ·
Yup, I had an xterra and really liked it. Only other real suv anymore is the 4runner. Heck, even the pathfinder can only find a path to the supermarket.

#7 ·
Xterra's were nice rides - liked to drink the gas though.

Why Chevy ever stopped making Blazers baffles my mind.
The fact that they replaced them with the crappy car-frame/unibody Equinox baffles me further.

I have a 2002 Blazer (bought new) with only 101,000 miles on it. Just tossed $1,000 in it - basically got a new suspension, dampers, wheel bearings, etc..

I am keeping this 4WD rolling tackle box/gun rack for as long as I can.

Like the OP - I don't see anything on the market that can match what we have/had..

and I ain't willing to dump 40K on a 4Runner.

#12 ·
Danesdad said:
Nice thing about the 4 runner is that it's still an actual SUV and not a soccer mom grocery getter like virtually all the others have become. What they did to the Nissan Pathfinder is borderline criminal.
Agreed. It seams like most of them have no ground clearance anymore. Heck, the mini vans practically sit on the ground now like a car. They are turning everything into a crossover now. Better off buying a Subaru Outback before most of the SUV`s.

#14 ·
octagon said:
Danesdad said:
Nice thing about the 4 runner is that it's still an actual SUV and not a soccer mom grocery getter like virtually all the others have become. What they did to the Nissan Pathfinder is borderline criminal.
Agreed. It seams like most of them have no ground clearance anymore. Heck, the mini vans practically sit on the ground now like a car. They are turning everything into a crossover now. Better off buying a Subaru Outback before most of the SUV`s.
The ones they turned into soccer mom SUVs are put on car chassis now. Probably why they are low. I'd get the outback before any of the grocery getter SUVs.

#15 ·
Danesdad said:
octagon said:
Danesdad said:
Agreed

The ones they turned into soccer mom SUVs are put on car chassis now. Probably why they are low. I'd get the outback before any of the grocery getter SUVs.

#16 ·
Thats the main reason I bought a 4Runner, its the only real SUV left.

Me and my wife had our first child and I drove a honda fit everyday and I am the one that carts the little guy around to daycare so I said we need a bigger vehicle. Thankfully my wife hates minivans so I didn't need to worry about that. After looking at trucks my wife didnt feel comfortable being able to drive one so we settled on getting a SUV.

My first thought was go look at tahoes or a surburban. Ahahahaha them jokers are about 70k new. I refuse to have a mortgage payment for a vehicle.

All of the other SUVs are zero ground clearance awd minivans. Even the ford explorer has been significantly neutered from what it once was. Although I did test drive an explorer sport that has the same turbo engine as an f150. it was pretty quick for being an suv haha.

I saw a video online of a stock 4runner just blasting through through 18" of snow on the rubicon trail. That was enough to convince me to take a look.

#17 ·
burninghxcsoul said:

Me and my wife had our first child and I drove a honda fit everyday and I am the one that carts the little guy around to daycare so I said we need a bigger vehicle. Thankfully my wife hates minivans so I didn't need to worry about that. After looking at trucks my wife didnt feel comfortable being able to drive one so we settled on getting a SUV.

My first thought was go look at tahoes or a surburban. Ahahahaha them jokers are about 70k new. I refuse to have a mortgage payment for a vehicle.

All of the other SUVs are zero ground clearance awd minivans. Even the ford explorer has been significantly neutered from what it once was. Although I did test drive an explorer sport that has the same turbo engine as an f150. it was pretty quick for being an suv haha.

I saw a video online of a stock 4runner just blasting through through 18" of snow on the rubicon trail. That was enough to convince me to take a look.
Again, I agree. AWD Minivans are exactly what they have become. Also agree, Tahoe and Suburban prices are insanely ridiculous. I own a 1996 2 door Tahoe, love it. It`s a beast!!

#18 ·
burninghxcsoul said:

Sure seems like it.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.