The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a little ahead of time, but whether she makes it through the night or not, tomorrow will be the last day for my dad's dog. I knew her for fourteen years and hunted behind her from my second year hunting up until two years ago, twelve years in total. In the end, the arthritis overtook her joints and she developed a benign tumor that started to take over her entire body. For the last few days she would not drink, and she hasn't gone to the bathroom. I believe she is in the end stages of renal failure. It always seems so unfair that the days of a good dog are so few. I learned to hunt rabbits over her, and she put many in the bag. She was a great friend over the years, and at the last all I can do now is wish her peace in the final part of her journey. Squirt, it was a pleasure to walk this life with you, even if the moment was far too brief. I love you girl. Goodbye

·
Registered
140 Posts
psychobeagle12 said:
Squirt, it was a pleasure to walk this life with you, even if the moment was far too brief. I love you girl. Goodbye
Sorry for your loss, whenever the end does come.
Unfortunately the good, the bad, and the ugly about a great rabbit dog.
My prayers and thoughts are with you through this tough, yet nesassary part of life.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Sorry to hear about your dog. I had a beagle for 14 yrs at one time and still relive our hunts together. You have years of memories to treasure.

·
Registered
7,139 Posts
My heart goes out to you. No time is better spent than time hunting with your pup, cherish those times.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, we only managed to put her in the ground today thanks to this snow. We are certainly remembering some good days of rabbit hunting with that old beagle! I killed many rabbits in front of that dog, and she was a hard one to lose. Thanks everyone for the support!

·
Registered
881 Posts
if it helps, The reason they pass on so quickly, is so we may be able to enjoy more of them. it's always hard to lose a good hound, I've been there.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts