The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I wasn't going to go this morning after freezing Yesterday, I didn't set my alarm, but I got up at 6 am anyway. After I had my coffee I decided to step out to see how bad it was...not bad I thought so I decided to go. Got to my stand...set up my decoy...climbed up... almost got settled in when I saw a small 4 pt (a spike with brow tines) making a bee line for the deek. He walked right up to it and around the back sniffed it's rear and walked away but stayed close. A short time later another deer came up the hill...a doe... I thought she was going to freek out like the usually do but she didn't. they hung around for about a hour looking behind me to the left and right...I kept waiting for whatever they were looking at to come forward but I never saw anything. About 20 min after they left this one appeared about 40 yds to my left, he started to walk away so I fumbled in my pocket trying to get to my can call...by the time I did he had spotted my decoy ant headed right for it. I was ready and when he stepped into my shooting lane he was app 15yds broadside...I didn't try to stop him...he was walking so slow and calm I didn't need to...but I didn't want him to get to the deek because I was afraid he would get nervous when he found out she was a fake...anyway he only went 20 yds before he went down...glad I changed my mind.

Attachments

·
Registered
18,574 Posts
Super! Many woke up and passed on the morning hunt. You were rewarded for your drive to be in the woods. Congrats on the nice 8 point that was deked in.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts