The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out Friday nite, started at a farm we didn't hunt since last year. Nuthin showed up. 2nd set, walkin in we scanned eyes. We kept our eye on them and decided they were deer cause they didn't move. Went through our callin sequence. One set of eyes never moved and I thought they looked kind of different. So I ran baby pup distress, here it came. It prolly came in from 200 yards. It was at a wood line to a big rige, it started up in the woods and I thought we lost it. I started sqeekin and it turned and came rite at us. It came out in the field above us and stopped. It was prolly 90 to 100 yards and it sat down. I told Cole it was up to him if he wanted to take the shot. He did and we got our 1st red of the year. That fox stayed in the same spot for prolly 45 minutes till it decided to come in. Never had one do that before. Then we moved to our coyote spot. We had them going for prolly 5 minutes yippin and howlin for a long time. Nuthin showed up. Last set, we had a red circle us but never got close enough. Satuday nite I was on the gun. 1st set we lit the yotes up but nuthin came in. Later on we hit a farm and there were eyes in the field when we got there. Cole squeeked and the fox came boundin in on a string. I stopped him bout 40 yards. I took aim and shot and missed. I don't know how I missed but I did. What makes me really mad is I think it was a grey by the way it came in. That was it for the nite. We will be back after them this coming weekend again. Best of luck to all.....

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts