The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Largemouth went back in for a swim and to fight another day. Not enough of them in the lake to justify putting him in the grease.

·
Registered
18,555 Posts

I caught two smallmouth about 17" and a 23" walleye the other night. Lost another eye and had a striper about 6lbs come off at the boat. I was going to fish tonight but elected to stay home. May go tomorrow night, if not then over the weekend.

·
Registered
18,555 Posts
Fished two nights ago. Alewives came up around 11:00pm. Stripers were busting like crazy in the spot I was fishing from 12am - 2am. Couldn't hook a single one. Did manage a 20" and 24" walleye however.

·
Registered
7,680 Posts
When I lived in CA and the stripers were busting bait we would always have 1 rod rigged with a white bucktail jig tipped with a 3" white twister tail...worked pretty good.

·
Registered
18,555 Posts
Ended up catching a 18.5" smallmouth, two walleye (20" and 22") and a 7lb striper. Caught all but one walleye on alewife.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You get on a boat with the Beagler??? OH GOD... saw the striper.. very nice... I did well last week on the smallies... The pickerel in the pic is a redfin... The state says they only get 12 inches usually... hahahah... that one is 23... so much for biology.

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Springer Rage said:
Cool, do you bait them somehow or just search for some near the surface? I don't fish Wallenpaupack but might try it on my local lake.
in the right spots theres so many of them you get them while retrieving your plugs

·
Registered
17,319 Posts

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
I don't know what that means. Is hillbillying eating them?

I don't really care for bass compared to eating other fish but I think eating some mid-sized bass are actually supposed to be good for the size distribution in a lake.

I have to say that I am jealous of your walleye fishing. They are my favorite fish to catch but I have never found a way to catch them consistently in PA. I fish Nockamixon, Beltzville and occasionally the Delaware River but have had very little success.

·
Registered
10,207 Posts
Springer Rage said:
I don't know what that means. Is hillbillying eating them?
Yes,and that's ok for anything but smallmouths.
In this hillbilly's opinion.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts