The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
13,401 Posts
uncysid said:
Wow. what a weekend. I went down to my dads place to get together and do some shooting with him. All was well as we got to the range anxious to shoot our new guns that we topped of with 3 nikons and 1 leupold. We started shooting and the leupold only lasted 3 shots before it completely went fuzzy and you couldn't see out of it. next came the nikons. 2 lasted 5 shots and the final one lasted a wopping 11 shots all with the same problem as the leupold. granted the guns were 2 300 win mags, a 7mm mag but a 30-06 blew a scope out? I mean I have a tasco on one of my guns that is still going strong after 16 years and it's still going strong. another $30.00 tasco has lasted 6 years with no issues. I'm begining to wonder if it's worth buying "good" glass these days when the cheapos are outlasting the "good" expensive ones.

I've seen and had the .30-06 take care of several scopes before. My Husqvarna has wiped out it's Leupold M8 twice now. The most recent being this past hunting season.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.