The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hunted with Matt and his dog Amigo today. I had out Torque, Rose and Gauge. I was only able to hunt for about 4 hours, but it was a great four hours. I dont think we went more than ten minutes all day without running.

Had some nice retrieves from my male Torque also.

Its still to thick and with no snow on the ground it makes it hard to video, but its as good as it get for now. Waiting for the snow to fly and get some good footage and running.

Change to 720P
http://youtu.be/s2GMY8EbNgE

·
Banned
994 Posts
Although I've only hunted behind beagles a couple of times (decades ago), I have never seen a beagle retrieve. Is this common or is this a unique dog?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
JerrySS said:
Although I've only hunted behind beagles a couple of times (decades ago), I have never seen a beagle retrieve. Is this common or is this a unique dog?
I have never personally seen another one but I have heard of a few that will do it. Not as frequent as he does though most seem to be off and on with it. The only time he will retrieve is when other dogs don't want to fight over it. If they want to fight he will just pull them in half. When I hunt with other friends and their dogs I usually pick them up because they will just fight over them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts