The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
19,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a good red dot or holographic site to add to an AK47 and a Keltec KSG shotgun.

I had a Burris red dot attached to the AK for awhile, but the point of impact would shift. Shoot really nice for 10 or 20 shots and then it's off a few inches. I think it's simply not designed to handle the recoil.

Any suggestions for a red dot or holographic site that can absorb recoil?

I'm thinking of adding something similar to my Keltec KSG shotgun- THAT beast has a heck of a recoil, alot more than the AK- so I need something sturdy!

Thanks!

BH

·
Registered
723 Posts
I am an Aimpoint guy, so my first recommendation would be a T1/2.

I just bought a Trijicon MRO as well. I haven't owned the MRO to give it any recommendations aside of saying it has a larger FOV compared to my T1.

I'm sure you can spend less to get what you want. T1 will run you $600-700 with mount. The MRO with ADM mount cost me $450.

·
Registered
132 Posts

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I've had very good luck with the reflex style sights like Burris FastFire (I & II) and the original that all of them kinda copied, the Tasco ProPoint Optima. That ProPoint held up for years on my 45-70 guide gun.

·
Registered
617 Posts
I am in the market for 1 as well and have been looking at the Vortex sparc ar and the Primary arms and holosun red dots. The vortex is by far the best warranty. My gun will never see combat and probably won't be used for home defense, i choose my 45 for that followed by my 12ga. Based on shooting needs i just want a nice clear red dot to punch paper and ring plates with so thats why im leaning to one of those

·
Registered
723 Posts
Your missing the point. When a company is defrauding it's customers, it makes most logical folks question what else they are lying about.

Why did you spend the extra money on an Eotech vs say an $80 red dot? Probably because you were sold on the fact that Eotech was used by military/LE.

Murphy's law has a bad way of showing up when you need the item the most. It's pointless to have any product that has a known defect.

Everyone I know that has an Eotech has sent theirs in for refund and that is a smart move on their part. If you keep your Eotech, that's up to you. If it was me, I'd send it in and get a known quality. There are plenty of red dots that cost less/more that have solid track records.

TPlank said:
Eotech issue involved fluctuations due to extreme temperature changes. I highly doubt any of us will encounter the scenarios described with the Eotech issue.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I have 2 Aimpoint Micro sights (a T1 and a T2) mounted on 2 FN FAL type rifles. Fired approximately 2000 rounds over the last 3 years.

FAL's have a well deserved reputation for destroying optics- Have not had any issues with the Micro sights.

I have used both rifles for Pa. deer with excellent results.
The Micro is far better than the iron sights.

·
Registered
4,538 Posts
Fn Duff said:
I have 2 Aimpoint Micro sights (a T1 and a T2) mounted on 2 FN FAL type rifles. Fired approximately 2000 rounds over the last 3 years.

FAL's have a well deserved reputation for destroying optics- Have not had any issues with the Micro sights.

How do you swing hunting with a semi?

·
Registered
5,828 Posts
Fn Duff said:

An FAL for PA deer? Where You hunting at that You can use it?

·
Registered
979 Posts
Bumblehick,

Uncle Sam issues both Eotech and Aimpoints to the grunts on the ground. I have used both while in the sandbox a long long time ago. Personal preference for myself was to the Aimpoint. Both are rugged and can take abuse. I've seen weapons blown from atop Bradley fighting Vehicles and the optics survive… you will drop $400-$500+ but either will take whatever abuse you can toss at it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.