The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after hunting today i decided i need some better rain gear. mine is suppose to be waterproof but it is far from it. i got soaked and cold. so i was wondering if you guys have found anything that works good that is not overly expensive.

·
Registered
30 Posts
MOST OF CEVEN THE MOST EXPENSIVE RAIN GEAR DOSENT COMPLETELY KEEP U DRY ONCE SHELL GETS WATERLOGGED THE MORE NOISY SHELLS SEEM TO SHED WAter better tha soft quiet shells ihave 100 dollar rain suede from cabelas keeps you mostly dry until fabric gets waterlogged then you get wet goodluck

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
I use the revolution fleece w/ dry+ from Cabela's. It works good. I even sit in the wet treestand seat without getting my butt wet.

·
Registered
727 Posts
I have some Cabelas MTO50 Gore Tex, they work well but in a driving rain anything will soak through eventually. I just bought some Rivers West, Ambush jacket and Bibs, kept me suprprisingly dry this week in a pouring rain, good stuff but expensive, but they do have a lifetime warranty to stay waterproof. Spend the money once and be done with it! Good luck!!!!! Shyda's stocks them but you can find them online cheaper at:http://www.bowhuntingoutlet.com/
They seam to run true to size.

·
Registered
125 Posts
helly hanson makes the best in my opinion,i used it for my hunt in alaska where it rains almost everyday.i used it for the first day of early muzzleloader and i also put it on during rifle season it keeps the wind out and helps keep my scent down.this gear is pricey but worth every penny,and it just came out in camo.it has a strech factor of 200% and they are very light.theses don`t leak because they are not gore-tex and are not breathable.anything that is breathable will leak.here is the link to there rain gear.

https://www.hellyhansengear.com/s-2-impertech.aspx

·
Registered
263 Posts
Rob Peter to pay Paul. Breathable gear leaks over time. Non Breathable gear makes you soaked with sweat. The last time I wore my rain gear it was only misting out. By the time I hiked to my stand and climbed the tree I was completely soaked with sweat underneath the rain gear. I'm just gonna stick with something that's packable, light, and easy to throw on if I need it.

·
Registered
125 Posts
first day of early muzzleloader i wore my helly hanson in and all i wore was fleece.it was a 1 hour walk in and all my other fleece and gear was in my back pack,when i got to my stand the outside of my fleece was damp but that is what it is to do and i was dry.you have to go with layers to avoid getting soaked.with fleece you can be wet but you stay warm,not like cotton when it gets wet your wet and cold.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lol squeaks that may just be the ticket hahaha.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts