The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
duckman76 said:
T/C custom shop. They make the gun and I'm sure that they know how to make their barrels.
A decade ago. Maybe.
Three letters MGM formally virgin valley. Top notch service, quaility barrels and quick turn around

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
ConfusiousSays said:
duckman76 said:
T/C custom shop. They make the gun and I'm sure that they know how to make their barrels.
A decade ago. Maybe.
Three letters MGM formally virgin valley. Top notch service, quaility barrels and quick turn around
MGM is not virgin valley. Virgin Valley was purchased by Stratton Custom gun accessories. I've used MGM, EABCO, SSK, and TC custom shop. It really depends what you are looking for. I think they all make a good product but are slightly different. In certain areas one company will shine in another area the other company may be better and of course the price range will vary.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Here you go qouted right off the home page of stratton custom guns web page

"Just FYI, the same barrel makers that made all of Virgin Valleys custom barrels have opened another custom barrel shop in St. George, Ut. The name of the shop is "Match Grade Machine" (MGM for short). They purchased all of Virgin Valleys machinery, equipment, reamer board, etc. They are making the same identical barrels as Virgin Valley made only under the new name. A good source to consider if you are looking for a custom barrel. There is a link to their web site on my "links" page. The stock makers at V V C have all gone their seperate ways and are no longer doing stock work. If you are interested in having a custom rifle stock or pistol grip set made I do have some great sources I can refer you too."

That would be why the word "Formally" was placed between MGM and VV in my post

·
Registered
6,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Notice that Midway USA also sales Encore barrels.. Does not say anything about them being custom...However it could be that you could get let say? a 35 Rem off the shelf at Midway. They have all kinds of calibers in their catalog both for the hand gun and rifles...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts