The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So im looking into buying a rifle for when I am "At my moms house" and i was looking at a .22 lever for small game, plinking, target practice. Any objections? I mean ammo is cheap its good quality, its a easy to shoot gun, and how can you go wrong with a .22.

·
Registered
25,518 Posts
Hard to beat a Marlin M39A, although some say the Win. 9422 is just as good. Neither are inexpensive these days, but well worth the money, way I sees it. Plenty of used ones around.

Wouldn't part with my Marlin for a sack of gold. Well, at least not a really tiny sack, given current gold prices.

·
Registered
889 Posts
John I am in the middle of selling off alot of rifles. I am upgrading all my rifles and scopes that use and selling off the safe queens. I had a bad leg and hip injury so I have to change the way I hunt. I have a real nice Winchester 9422 if you are interested I will shoot you a good price. If you are in Altoona, I am in Morgantown, so a FTF would be possible if you are interested. Tom.

·
Banned
4,279 Posts
DennyF said:
Wouldn't part with my Marlin for a sack of gold. Well, at least not a really tiny sack, given current gold prices.
At $1,300 an ounce even a lil' sack will fetch ya a pretty penny.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts