The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the whole waterfowl hunting arena so I really don't know what I'm looking for. I need to get a good goose gun that I could also use for turkey if needed. I'm thinking semi-auto with a 3 1/2" chamber but what is a good gun that meets my rquirements?

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
The Benelli Nova 3 1/3 is a pump. It is my go-to Goose and turkey shotgun. Reasons........does not jam......good camo........good fit......3 1/2" with multiple chokes but I still had to buy a Turkey x-tra full.....

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
I have a mossburg 535 3.5inch pump that came as a combo. Have the 28 inch waterfowl/feild barrel and a 22 inch turkey barrel w/ turkey choke. I love mossburgs they have never failed me just clean them after use and they will last you a lifetime.

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
Anybody know anything about the new Remington 1187 supermag waterfowl? It's got an adjustable LOP which might favor us little guys.

·
Premium Member
24,023 Posts
Be sure to also consider the Browning Gold 12 3.5. I have used for both geese & turkey. Gas semi's cushion recoil better than inertias or those hard rockin pumpers!! LOL

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
Thanks and Beagler, which one are you buying me? Love to have that Beretta, but I don't know about the Benelli. My deputy has one and it doesn't hit anything! (Readin' this Eric?)

·
Registered
39 Posts
I was looking for the same type of gun (turkey and waterfowl). I went with the Benelli M2 and I'm very happy with it. No problem dropping turkeys or decoying geese without the overkill 3.5" pounding.

·
Registered
18,428 Posts
Beartrppr said:
Thanks and Beagler, which one are you buying me? Love to have that Beretta, but I don't know about the Benelli. My deputy has one and it doesn't hit anything! (Readin' this Eric?)
I just bought my dad a Beretta Xtrema 2 a couple months ago. Unfortunately he didn't get a shot at a gobbler this spring but he'll try it out on yotes come fall. The gun patterns very well.

·
Registered
13,199 Posts
If I were to purchase a new gun for both waterfowling and turkey hunting it would be a <u>Benelli SBE II</u>. My son bought one and I know several guys that have them. Fantastic guns! One of these days I'll sell a few of my other guns and purchase one!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts