The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was out turkey and squirrelin' the other day and came upon a freshly killed buck. being mid-week i was kinda surprised to find it. i backtracked the very sparse blood trail and lost it a few times until finally i saw a guy several hundred yards away trailing it and led him to it. it was his first archery buck and i was glad i could help him out. he was very appreciative and it was a good way to spend the day in an otherwise uneventful hunt.

·
Super Moderator
26,650 Posts

Did that during flintlock one year when I was still a teen. Found a button buck, then backtracked it and found the shooter. Although that guy wasn't too grateful when he saw it was a BB. Even offered it to me, I said nope I'll get my own, and did. About an hour later I shot a nice big doe. Karma

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks guys. i think i got almost as much feel-good doing it as the guy who got the buck. i'm a big believer in karma and carrying good deeds forward. i've had people who helped me in small ways and big ways and like to give back when i can.

·
Registered
19,940 Posts
Try not to break your arm patting yourself on the back

Nice work. I've done that in rifle season a time or two myself.

·
Super Moderator
26,650 Posts
pumpgun said:
i'm a big believer in karma and carrying good deeds forward. i've had people who helped me in small ways and big ways and like to give back when i can.
Worthy of another
or two

1 - 20 of 40 Posts