The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Banned
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im in quite a predicamint(spelling). My buddy just called me and has a new in box Ruger M77 Hawkeye 257 Roberts that he will sell to me for $400, hes jammed up for cash right now and needs it. This is quite a deal. But I already have a 243 and just got a 6.5 swede for xmas. I dont know what to do. Is there any reason for me to really buy this gun, someone please tell me yes and talk me into it. I mean theres basically not enough difference between the guns I already have to buy this gun.

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
Buy It ! If you hunt chucks or varmints you will see the difference with a 257 BOB. Load some 75gr. bullets and you have one of the best long range chuck rifles ever. Load some 100 gr. and you have a classic deer zapper. Oh, I will go $430 on the bid. LOL

·
Registered
535 Posts
Do I hear 451 now 452 now 3. Really, its a great gun and cartridge at a good price. I would buy it if I were you.

·
Registered
868 Posts
ok, but what I really need is a larger gun safe since I just added another to the arsenal because you can never have too many! The good thing is my wife is ok with my purchases--I'm a lucky man.

Mark

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
How about when you meet with the builder of your home to discuss the vault and the bow range ? Redneck indeed!

·
Super Moderator
7,820 Posts
Great choice in getting that Bob...

My M70 FWT in 257 likes a 110gr Nosler Accubond with 45.0gr of RL22. Was lightning on the two deer I shot with it this year, too.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
I also love my Bob-----------It likes the 120gr Nosler Partitions!! What a great caliber!!!!!
You will be pleased!!
Dave

1 - 20 of 29 Posts