The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2 youngest boys each took a deer on the first day. My youngest took a nice spike and my 11yr old took a nice doe. My youngest hunted with his uncle and shot his around 11am while me and my 11yr old hunted till 4pm to get his doe. Fun day seeing the youngest 2 of the hunting party take deer. This was 2 buck in a row for my youngest and the 2nd deer in 3 years for my other son. He took a buck 2 years ago but is very happy with being able to finally shoot a doe.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pa Teeny, here are the WMU's and the seasons. Not sure which WMU you are in. hope this helps. Good luck to your young hunters.

DEER (Antlered and Antlerless) WMUs 1A, 1B, 2B, 3A, 3D, 4A, 4C, 5A, 5B, 5C and 5D: Nov. 28-Dec. 10. One antlered deer per hunting license year. An antlerless deer with each required antlerless license.

DEER (Antlered Only) WMUs 2A, 2C, 2D, 2E, 2F, 2G, 3B, 3C, 4B, 4D and 4E: Nov. 28-Dec. 2. One antlered deer per hunting license year. (Holders of valid DMAP antlerless deer permits may harvest antlerless deer on DMAP properties during this period.)

DEER (Antlered and Antlerless) WMUs 2A, 2C, 2D, 2E, 2F, 2G, 3B, 3C, 4B, 4D and 4E: Dec. 3-10. One antlered deer per hunting license year. An antlerless deer with each required antlerless license.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys! 4 deer and 2 turkeys between these brothers under the youth mentor program. All 1 shot kills! Great program to get these guys out there. So many life lessons learned in the woods. Successful or not, but lets face it.. the success is important to keep the interest!

BTW was hunting in 4C.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts