The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,880 Posts
Good day. I figured the water would get rough Saturday , wind blowing 15 mph. One of my buddies got 12 with two guys, another got 9 with 3 guys in boat. I just hooked up trailer a few minutes ago, gonna be on the water at 6 am tomorrow.

·
Registered
13,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Seasick is something I don't usually think about at pymatuning. But about 2 I started feeling a little queasy and by 3 I just knew it was time to go. Most everyone else was gone too.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
When I was a young teenager I spent many summers on my late grandparents farm not far out of Conneaute Lake. I've fished the Pymatuning dam on many occasions on their boat.

IIRC my grandma said the actual water depths of the Pymatuning is rather shallow and when the wind whips up, the water becomes pretty rough pretty quickly. Now...I dunno if that is the actual reason.....but I do know it can get rough out there.

·
Registered
4,107 Posts
When I was a young teenager I spent many summers on my late grandparents farm not far out of Conneaute Lake. I've fished the Pymatuning dam on many occasions on their boat.

IIRC my grandma said the actual water depths of the Pymatuning is rather shallow and when the wind whips up, the water becomes pretty rough pretty quickly. Now...I dunno if that is the actual reason.....but I do know it can get rough out there.
What was the name of that farm? Remember the Marr farm in Shermansville?

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
What was the name of that farm? Remember the Marr farm in Shermansville?
No I do not. My grandparents farm is long gone now and the property has been split up and sold off. My Aunt still lives in the home on a small 5 or 6 acre plot located along South Canal Road.

·
Super Moderator
4,880 Posts
Got five walleye between me and my buddy today. Water was 61 to 64 degrees. I thought we would have done better, think cold front affected the bite.

Plus I killed a deer with the boat trailer and Lund on the way to the lake this morning. And we had 8 cats, 6 bass, 3 crappie, 2 gills, 2 perch.

·
Registered
426 Posts
We caught 3 channel catfish, 2 small perch 1 small crappie and about a 20" walleye that a rookie needs to learn how to use a net. All trolling out of Manning.

·
Super Moderator
4,880 Posts
I usually launch at Linesville, unless it’s crowded, then I sneak in at Alcatraz. The Stumps held very few crappies this year....it’s been going downhill for the last 3 or 4 years. Very few boats out yesterday for a nice day in early June. I was picking up huge bait balls at four feet on the depth finder, probably gizzard shad. Lots of fish suspended near the baitfish.

·
Registered
426 Posts
If I get out next week maybe I will try Linesville. Haven't launched out of there in a long time. I used to always go out of Wilson but that gets pretty busy for the size of the lot.

·
Registered
13,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Some guys I know who fish there alot tell me it starts up at linesville then works to the south from there. I had pretty good luck on the west shore going out of manning last year in mid to late june.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts