The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is a good cleaner or method to get salt, road grime, and whatever else they put on the roads in Winter, off of the truck? I don't know what the Germans use on the roads, but it's taken me 2 hours with a scrub brush to get it mostly off. I don't want to wax it again until I get it all off.
The truck was well waxed before Winter, so I think the crap is just stuck in the wax. I hope!

·
Registered
7,680 Posts
Castrol degreaser or the cheaper version Purple Power at Wmart...spray on let set for a minute then pressure wash it off. Then I use a clay bar and special spray to pull any junk out of the finish....then wax it.

·
Super Moderator
26,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Since there are no Walmarts around here
I'll have to go with whatever AAFES has.
I've never used anything more than detergent to get stuff off, but this crap is really stuck on there. It's not like tar, it's like a rubberized grit of some sort. But being that it's Germany, it probably good for the environment!

·
Registered
9,479 Posts
Maybe and hopefully it,s not corrosive.If it is like the crap yhey use here back home it,s just a matter of time cause you can,t get that crap out of the nooks and crannies where all of the cleanin in the world won,t get to it.It surprises me on how people pay 50G plus for a vehicle and slush it up in salt.
I,ve even seen new vettes out in it.
It,s nice to be able to have a sacrificial winter rat.

·
Registered
7,680 Posts
BcozHunter said:
Since there are no Walmarts around here
I'll have to go with whatever AAFES has.
I've never used anything more than detergent to get stuff off, but this crap is really stuck on there. It's not like tar, it's like a rubberized grit of some sort. But being that it's Germany, it probably good for the environment!
Oooopps...forgot!

·
Super Moderator
26,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Picked up some Turtle Wax tar/grime etc. remover. Now if it ever stops raining again I'll give it a try.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts