The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The last three pair of rubber boots I have purchase I like very well and they kept my feet reasonably warm, very dry and were comfortable; however, all three has split on the front were they bend on removal and putting them on. One pair was Cabelas and the other two were Rocky.

Any recommendations?

·
Super Moderator
12,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is there a glue that will repair them... are in very good shape except for the tear? Or is that like asking Mrs Lincoln, " Other than that how did you enjoy the play?"

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
X3 on LaCrosse...I use to use something called IIRC sportsman goop on my neoprene waders...should work on rubber boots...also you should store your boots away from heat and sun light in the off season.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I have LaCross Alphaburlys and an even heavier pair of Irish Setter Rutmaster 2.0 boots. I like both pairs, but the Irish Setters are a little tight in the ankles.

·
Registered
5,053 Posts
Is there a glue that will repair them... are in very good shape except for the tear? Or is that like asking Mrs Lincoln, " Other than that how did you enjoy the play?"
If they are rubber boots, try inner tube repair kit glue, with a cut piece of inner tube rubber for the patch. After curing, fill up the boots with water, and set them on newspaper or paper towels for awhile to check for leaks... Or find a bike shop and see what they charge to patch them for you.

As for new, I don't care for the 800-1200 gram insulated boots. Too heavy. Last year I got a pair of Muck Fieldblazer 2 boots and love them. Lightweight, and comfy fit. Them and a pair of wool socks over synthetic socks worked well during winter hunting. If toes do get chilly, I just use a couple of the stick on toe heat pads. I paid $79.99 on sale at Dicks for the Mucks.

Reactions: bigguy54

·
Super Moderator
12,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I see the problem they are splitting right above where they are not reinforce with a second layer of rubber. I see some of the other brand mentioned above are reinforce with a second layer higher up the front.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Do your hunting boots need to be rubber? I went away from rubber boots years ago and didn't notice any issues with getting winded because of scent left behind by my boots. I now use more traditional insulated goretex/leather hunting boots. I now have dry, warm feet with ankle support which is way more important to me than any benefit real or perceived from using rubber boots.

·
Super Moderator
12,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have always had rubber and leather boots. The leather mostly for the brush & very cold.. I have light weight and heavier rubber boots I wear for archery.

·
Registered
8,662 Posts
Ive heard good things about those muck boots, but I've never had a pair. Expensive...I know that.
I've had a pair of Muck Boots for over ten years. definitely worth every penny...warm and comfy. Just stay out of the briars with them if you can. Briars tear the uppers to shreds!

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
I have LaCrosse Alphaburly pro 800 gr boots and I also have The Artic Pro Muck boot for super cold days ! Then I have the Pursuit extreme cool ambush muck boot for early season ! They all have there place !
I have never gotten busted by a buck crossing my trail since I started wearing them ! The last day of archery my buddy wore his leather danners that he wears for hunting and we watched a mature buck come walking out the mulching trail and when he hit the intersection where we walked in he stopped sniffed the ground looked up and looked around then turned around and went back the way he came from ! There was no other reason for it besides he smelled where we walked in (where he walked in) leather holds to much scent !!

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
I've had a pair of Muck Boots for over ten years. definitely worth every penny...warm and comfy. Just stay out of the briars with them if you can. Briars tear the uppers to shreds!
Muck boots are what I use down to 25 degrees. Excellent boots. Get them on sale. Just got my daughter a pair for 28 dollars & mine for 70 last year. After 25 degrees I need to go to packs due to bad circulation in my left foot from the screws & hip bone there.

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
I have a pair of Lacrosse boots that have lasted me a long time. They are good boots. Whoever commented earlier that they are tight in the ankles is exactly correct though. If anyone is thinking of buying a pair, I would recommend buying a pair that is a size larger than you normally wear so you have some room. At times, when I try to get them off my feet, it feels as though I will dislocate my ankle...they are that tight.
I wear size 12 boots in everything and these are size 12 also.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Kamik Boots are great!
8mm Zytel liners for most
Rated down to -40F and super cheap
I got my Icebreaker model on Amazon for $48
And they worked great

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
I wear the Muck Woody Max.versy comfortable and I think they support my feet and ankles well. I crushed my left foot in a construction injury and don't have any issues. Got mine at Field And Stream store. They price match if you can find them cheap.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts