The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope everyone who ventures out tomorrow and beyond much success. I'm glad I saw many kids got lucky last weekend. That's always a positive. But tomorrow will probably be my first turkey day in the woods where the winds are expected to be ripping pretty good. I'm going to moving our setup from hardwood field edge to inside the edge a good 100 yards on the leeward side of where most the birds historically roost. I'm hoping for an hour or so of calmer winds in the AM. My wife will be with me for her first turkey hunt. She won't be the shooter since I want to show her things that could possibly happen (roll and fly, complete miss, turning shot, etc...). All I hope for is some gobbling which the wind won't help any.

Good luck to all and stay safe. I wear an orange hat while moving. No point in causing needless accidents.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Good luck to all! I'll be on public ground tomorrow where I killed my bird last year. Hopefully I have the same luck on my side. Shoot straight and most of all identify your target!

Reactions: rcshank85

·
Premium Member
24,170 Posts
Just call between wind gusts lol i'll be out there if it gets too bad i'll leave

·
Registered
20,189 Posts
We had some heavy showers come through, but not be to bad tonight. Sun up its is not suppose to be bad with winds only around 11,but gusts to the lower 30 MPH but in the afternoon its going to be really whipping.

Good Luck to all tomorrow and be safe.

Reactions: rcshank85

·
Super Moderator
4,823 Posts
40 degrees in the morning 13-14 mph wind.I'll take it happily.I have hunted in harder wind,thunderstorms with lightning.I hunted one thunderstorm with lightning and was cold as **** practically frozen.I was soaked even with rain gear and I was busted by a bird coming in to me when I gave up.Moral of my story bad weather doesn't stop any animal from being killed.It is the breeding cycle they can be killed in any weather.If you can brave the weather a bird can and will be killed.Me I'm going out unless I die tonight in my sleep.Good luck fellas post pics.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts