The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I must say I'm impressed with these arrows. I've been shooting them for about a month. I have a Block Vault XL target. The difference between the penetration of my older arrows, Carbon Express Maxima Blue Streaks and the Gold Tips is astounding. The Gold Tips are buried into the target a few inches from the fletching on 25 yard shots. The penetration of the Maximas is at least 6 inches less.

I'm shooting a Mathews Heli M at 60 lbs with a 26 1/2" draw length and pushing a 480 grain Kinetic Pierce Gold Tip at 274 FPS. The Maixima's were shooting 290 FPS.

I like em'.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My typos need corrected: 420 grain arrow weight, 27 1/2" draw length and 65 lbs. That's what the chronograph said unless it's not accurate. Louie D in Charleroi set me up with arrows and I used his chronograph at the shop.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Hello Mark,

Your review is timely. I am also waiting to get a dozen of these arrows.

FYI, Gold Tip makes the Bass Pro Black out arrows, only under the Bass Pro name. Having said that, the 2016 Bass Pro hunting flyer shows a brand new arrow, but you can not get it yet. It is in fact the new Gold Tip. $69 a half dozen. The only thing I am not sure of, is that Gold Tip hase two models of the new arrow. Probably this arrow coming to Bass Pro is the "lower half". Suupose to be in the Bass Pro nearest me during the first or second week this August.

Thanks.

Chaos

1 - 5 of 5 Posts