The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16,275 Posts
I like them because they are tough, accurate, and dependable. As are many other brands you will see in this thread probably.

I use the Pro Hunters as they have an honest .001" tolerance, and are a very tough accurate hunting arrow.

I keep using gold tips for one main reason. Two actually. I buy a dozen and they last me years and years. I have shot the same 2 practice arrows for 3 years now. A few thousand shots I am guessing. Re-fletched a few times to say the least. And they are as staright as they were the day I brought them home.

Second reason, I keep bagging bucks with them

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Gold Tip Hunters are our #1 seller but I can not honestly say why when Easton and Beman have comparablely priced shafts. When I gear up for this years Colorado elk hunt it will be with either the GT Hunters or Easton Power Flights.

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
I bought my first set over 10 years ago. They are the Gold Tip XT Hunters with a camo shaft. They are a very tough arrow and can take a beating, even if you hit a rock in some cases.

I just bought another dozen this year because I felt I owed it to Gold Tip because I haven't bought from them in such a long time. I figure that since they make such a tough arrow, not too many people buy for a few years. So I am just doing my part to keep them in business.

I am going to put my old ones on Ebay in a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
637 Posts
If you get the green labeled Hunters, and cut a equal amount off each end, you will greatly improve the straightness. It seems the deformities are usually at the ends, and if you shoot a shorter arrow you won't know the difference between it and a GT pro.
I shoot the GT pro's, and unless you have to gouge and pull them out of trees, 4X4' or bounce them off of rocks a few times they last forever. If they get beat up after a while they still look good, but the groups start to open 3 or 4 inches at longer ranges. When you get a new dozen and compare the groups you will see.
I usually # my vanes, and after several months of shooting "retire" them to the box and pull out a few more new ones. By hunting season I still have 3 or 4 that have never been shot.
The old ones I cut a few inches off and give to friends with kids. They never notice any difference anyway, and can lose quite a few arrows sometimes when shooting 3D or practicing with dad.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
I have heard nothing but good things about the Gold Tip's, but I have never tried them. If I ever need another dozen, I will get a few and compare them heads up with my Beman Hunter 340's.

After 9 years, I still have 10 of the beman's. They have been refletched 3 times. I still have the other 2 also....I managed to put one dead in the back of the other one. I shoot a 29 inch arrow and the 2nd arrow (from 30 yards) went 22 inches into the 1st (from 20 yards) before it punched out the side.

I was just off on a tangent LOL
...But as I said, from everything I have heard, The Gold Tip's are Top of the line arrows. But don't discount the Beman's.

·
Registered
16,275 Posts
The Gold Tip Pro Hunters are the real deal. They really are. I have tried and used other gold tip arrows, but they truely are an impressive arrow for sure. I am so happy I bumped up to them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.