The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is so great about these arrows compared to the rest of the arrows on the market?

Also what is the best kind of arrows that they offer (vapor, pro hunter, etc.)?

·
Registered
16,275 Posts
I like them because they are tough, accurate, and dependable. As are many other brands you will see in this thread probably.

I use the Pro Hunters as they have an honest .001" tolerance, and are a very tough accurate hunting arrow.

I keep using gold tips for one main reason. Two actually. I buy a dozen and they last me years and years. I have shot the same 2 practice arrows for 3 years now. A few thousand shots I am guessing. Re-fletched a few times to say the least. And they are as staright as they were the day I brought them home.

Second reason, I keep bagging bucks with them

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
I shoot them. I have never shot anything else however. I have just not found a reason to switch. They fly true and are affordable.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I shoot the Expeditions. I agree with all that has been said in the prior posts. accurate and long lasting. Shot my P&Y avatar with one

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Gold Tip Hunters are our #1 seller but I can not honestly say why when Easton and Beman have comparablely priced shafts. When I gear up for this years Colorado elk hunt it will be with either the GT Hunters or Easton Power Flights.

·
Registered
336 Posts
For me I started shooting them because they were the most affordable at the time that I switched from aluminum to carbon. Never had a reason to try anything else.

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
I bought my first set over 10 years ago. They are the Gold Tip XT Hunters with a camo shaft. They are a very tough arrow and can take a beating, even if you hit a rock in some cases.

I just bought another dozen this year because I felt I owed it to Gold Tip because I haven't bought from them in such a long time. I figure that since they make such a tough arrow, not too many people buy for a few years. So I am just doing my part to keep them in business.

I am going to put my old ones on Ebay in a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
637 Posts
If you get the green labeled Hunters, and cut a equal amount off each end, you will greatly improve the straightness. It seems the deformities are usually at the ends, and if you shoot a shorter arrow you won't know the difference between it and a GT pro.
I shoot the GT pro's, and unless you have to gouge and pull them out of trees, 4X4' or bounce them off of rocks a few times they last forever. If they get beat up after a while they still look good, but the groups start to open 3 or 4 inches at longer ranges. When you get a new dozen and compare the groups you will see.
I usually # my vanes, and after several months of shooting "retire" them to the box and pull out a few more new ones. By hunting season I still have 3 or 4 that have never been shot.
The old ones I cut a few inches off and give to friends with kids. They never notice any difference anyway, and can lose quite a few arrows sometimes when shooting 3D or practicing with dad.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I have heard nothing but good things about the Gold Tip's, but I have never tried them. If I ever need another dozen, I will get a few and compare them heads up with my Beman Hunter 340's.

After 9 years, I still have 10 of the beman's. They have been refletched 3 times. I still have the other 2 also....I managed to put one dead in the back of the other one. I shoot a 29 inch arrow and the 2nd arrow (from 30 yards) went 22 inches into the 1st (from 20 yards) before it punched out the side.

I was just off on a tangent LOL
...But as I said, from everything I have heard, The Gold Tip's are Top of the line arrows. But don't discount the Beman's.

·
Registered
16,275 Posts
The Gold Tip Pro Hunters are the real deal. They really are. I have tried and used other gold tip arrows, but they truely are an impressive arrow for sure. I am so happy I bumped up to them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts