The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After dealing with elbow tendonitis the past couple of years, I can hardly draw my bow back this year. I was out shooting my son's xbow last night. Xbow will be with me in the stand this year. Actually enjoy shooting it. I may just sell my Mathews and buy my own xbow.

·
Registered
19,671 Posts
Awesome! Glad to see you staying in the game. If you like Mathews, Mission makes a mighty fine crossbow. I would opt for the MXB360.

·
Registered
519 Posts
As long as you do not mind being snubbed by vertical guys they are great.
I gave my compound to cousin my back and shoulder injuries
make it impossible to shot vertical.
Welcome to the club...Good Luck.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I am glad you can still find enjoyment in shooting/ hunting without pain. Great! You have more guts than me, I am scared of all that stored energy. Of coarse you can say it isn't nearly the stored energy in a bullet. Lol. My old muscles and bones are starting to squeak a bit also. Good luck!

·
Banned
540 Posts
Good luck to you. I switched a couple years ago.
I still try the vertical just not as good
anymore with it. Darn elbow.
at least we can still hunt.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dpms, I bought my son a wicked ridge invader a few years ago to get him into archery. It seems to be a pretty good little xbow. I let a buddy of mine borrow it last year prior to his shoulder surgery. If I end up going this route permanently, I will def look at a Ten point. They seem to be very good.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I made the move last year. After several back surgeries, it was the only way to go. I got a Wicked Ridge Invader and love it. I would suggest a Primos shooting stick (or similar) to stabilize the xbow if you're going to be stalking deer. Best of luck!

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
We re glad your still in it..similar aches and pains turned me to the xbow...been bow hunting since 1972 and love the sport and hav nt looked back...enjoy and besafe...Rusty

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Glad u made the choice to continue archery hunting. I had to decide a couple years ago glad I did love the woods that time of the year.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts