The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love sqirrel hunting! I'm heading up the mountains to my dad's in Stahlstown and going out with him and my niece. Hope to get a few to make bbq squirrel! Yummy....

·
Registered
78 Posts
Good luck Janie!!! I'm up trying to wake up and get moving before the deer do. Looks like I may get a chance to try out that umbrella my man bought me. Oh joy! Lol

·
Registered
4,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was up by 6am today to head up to dads. It takes me an hour to get up there but he's worth the trip! He was in the drive way getting him and my niece a seat ready. He's aging. He said he just doesn't have it in him anymore.
If it weren't for my niece, he wouldn't even go out. I remember the fights his hunting had caused while growing up because he would do anything to go and to see it slip away is kinda sad. He took Boo under his wing today and helped her out so not all was lost.

We headed down and Dad got Boo situated and I sat along long the woodline in a grassy area watching another woodline. I saw a squirrel run through the grass but he was too fast. 15 minutes later, Boo took her first shot and it was on. I saw a squirrel running through the naked tree tops and I took him out! He was a nice grey squirrel. I saw 2 more and missed. I connected on the next one I saw which was running up a grapevine and she stopped right in the middle. It was a perfect shot.
I saw one more after I took her and I know I hit it but couldn't find it because I saw it fly off the side of the tree when I shot it.

These 2 came home with me.

And a pic of me messin around with my camera!

·
Registered
4,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Going out for a squirrel hunt in the morning. I secured a piece of land not far from here a few years ago. I haven't really hunted it because the guy says buck only but he did say the squirrels are as big as kitty cats because no one hunts them!
I gave him a call today to make sure all was still good. He said go at it so I'm taking the Marlin 22 out for a few hours tomorrow morning.
Hope to hit my limit before noon.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts