The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two buddy's and me want to go on a snow hunt this spring around home. Susky valley. Rather than pay a guide I am throwing this out there. A few guys on here do a lot of snow hunting and I was wondering if one of them would take us out for something in return. A new call more decoys anything hunting related a couple boxes of shells a new blind. Whatever. I figure its a gain both ways. Snow killers let me hear your thoughts
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
753 Posts
Good luck with your request/offer...Most goose hunters are suspicious of strangers wanting to hunt with them and very secretive of their "hot" spots.

Try making friends with goose hunters at your local gun clubs...probably your best bet.

Good Luck, John
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,255 Posts
Yup....VERY common to have guys come back to the same field you took them. From pro staffers to newbies. Some guys will do anything for another snow.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,236 Posts
Yes... some guys will say they shot this many geese to another person, even stupid stuff liken we shoot 100 snows a lot of days, what is the big deal. They never even shot 10 snows ever. They were hunting pheasants 3 years ago. Pretty funny!! Then they post the same pics 10 times...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,537 Posts
lockedup said:
Yes... some guys will say they shot this many geese to another person, even stupid stuff liken we shoot 100 snows a lot of days, what is the big deal. They never even shot 10 snows ever. They were hunting pheasants 3 years ago. Pretty funny!! Then they post the same pics 10 times...
It's even funnier when someone says that 5 people shot 170 birds in a state where that's legal & it turns out that they shot those birds in a state where the limit is 25. So either they lied about the number of guys hunting in the group to make it sound more impressive, or they were WAY over their limit! Pretty lame either way!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,236 Posts
Pretty lame I agree..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I agree I hunt ducks mostly and geese around duck season. I am not interested in becoming a full time snow goose hunter just wanted to go again. I went to Missouri two years ago it was a blast just wanted to get another day in later in the year. Just thought it could be a hunter helping hunter thing nothing more
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
194 Posts
NoMojo, i dont think the last few comments were directed at you, dont worry. Seems like theres an underlying issue though, id like to know what it is haha
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No problem in light of the new thread I just read I highly doubt anyone is gonna take me up on the offer anyway LOL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,375 Posts
I know of a good spot. Only problem is everyone hunts it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
753 Posts
What does any of this have to do with NoMojo's original request?...See Below.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
753 Posts
jguns2002 said:
lockedup said:
Yes... some guys will say they shot this many geese to another person, even stupid stuff liken we shoot 100 snows a lot of days, what is the big deal. They never even shot 10 snows ever. They were hunting pheasants 3 years ago. Pretty funny!! Then they post the same pics 10 times...
It's even funnier when someone says that 5 people shot 170 birds in a state where that's legal & it turns out that they shot those birds in a state where the limit is 25. So either they lied about the number of guys hunting in the group to make it sound more impressive, or they were WAY over their limit! Pretty lame either way!
What does any of this have to do with NoMojo's original request?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,537 Posts
BandCollector said:
jguns2002 said:
lockedup said:
Yes... some guys will say they shot this many geese to another person, even stupid stuff liken we shoot 100 snows a lot of days, what is the big deal. They never even shot 10 snows ever. They were hunting pheasants 3 years ago. Pretty funny!! Then they post the same pics 10 times...
It's even funnier when someone says that 5 people shot 170 birds in a state where that's legal & it turns out that they shot those birds in a state where the limit is 25. So either they lied about the number of guys hunting in the group to make it sound more impressive, or they were WAY over their limit! Pretty lame either way!
What does any of this have to do with NoMojo's original request?
It doesn't & I apologize for taking it off topic. Speaking of which...what does your post have to do with NoMojo's original request?
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top