The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Locally they go as low as $365.

I haven't seen his 2013 price list but a good friend of mine is doing shoulder mounts for around $375. European mounts (using beetles) are around $130 and about $80 more to have it camo dipped.

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
JoeSimmons said:
Anywhere from $275-$850
Its funny how this can be so true. But Joe is right. I will have pics in the next couple months of a remount from a low price guy. Ask yourself is it too good to be true.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
I saw a couple of mounts that a guy did for $200 each. One was a deer and one was a coyote. Couldn't tell which was which.

·
Registered
857 Posts
G-Daddy said:
I saw a couple of mounts that a guy did for $200 each. One was a deer and one was a coyote. Couldn't tell which was which.
LOL Like everything else, you get what you pay for. I look at some of the mounts guy have done on here and think to myself, "I hope you're being paid to have that on your wall."

·
Banned
649 Posts
BassBlaster said:
G-Daddy said:
LOL Like everything else, you get what you pay for. I look at some of the mounts guy have done on here and think to myself, "I hope you're being paid to have that on your wall."
finally someone with some sense

·
Registered
284 Posts
my taxidermist has 2 models for shoulder mount Economy version 550 and Elite version 675. He was going through what makes the Elite, the Elite sitting there on the wall beside Elite. After he explains what the Elite is, more customers go with that model. No to many taxidermist will have 2 models for a mount. Needless to say im going to stick with him, and help build his business up.

·
Registered
835 Posts
I paid $385 last year from John Summerville in Leechburg PA. Awesome job and it get complimented all the time.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Over my lifetime I have used 5 taxidermist. Two of them charge a bit more and honestly it shows in their work. My very first mount which was done by a "cheap" taxidermist has long been buried in a Schuylkill county landfill. Money wasted and even more so the sentimental aspect of my trophy gone as well. IMO I'll pay more to get quality any day. Not taking chances on a weekend taxi with a trophy I harvest.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
chris horne said:
big28hunter, keep in mind not all "weekend taxi's" are cheap some of us do hi end work at fair prices
I can vouch for that. I'm not a taxidermist but I have seen a lot of Chris' work at the Eastern Regional shows over the years as well as the work of lots of other award winning weekend taxi's. They're not just good, they're grrrreeaatttt!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts