The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im goin to the cape may area in mid may i was wondering if anyone had any experience in the area and would be willing to share some tips or some spots in the area

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
We get down a few times a year. The best fishing is around the jettys. Any where from the lighthouse around the point up to the concret ship.Heading down on April 6 to do some Striper fishing on a charter boat.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the tip i meant to say ocean city i have fished the point before and only caught a skate im lookin to catch some strippers but anything that swims is still a good time i just love getting out and my old lady goes so i dont get into trouble like i do when im gone hunting all day.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i wouldnt say helps as much as doesnt complain when shes sitting there not reeling in fish haha but yes i am luck

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
That is strange, in my experience strippers always seemed attracted to the women who would come fishing with us.

Is she using the right bait???

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hahaha i just noticed the typo(right over my head) that would be one heck of an old lady if that were the case

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
Mid may is amazing in jersey. Fish for striped bass in the surf with FRESH clams. Any other questions feel free to pm me. I live for striped bass fishing

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
cyril said:
Wait, what kind of "fishing" are we talking about?
The best kind!

But seriously, I'm going to make it a point to spend some time this spring trying to catch some STRIPERS from the surf. I know nothing about how, when, or where. But you can't hunt turkeys on sunday so why not fish.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ive read a couple of books on fishin i wanna get out and try what i learned. id be happy if i landed a minnow at this point.

·
Registered
226 Posts
It would be just my luck to land a stripper and my wife standing there.

·
Banned
1,323 Posts
Not sure how the fishing is further down the coast line toward's Cape May,but Mid-May around Shark River inlet is red-hot. This is the time of year you read about in magazines.. Try to get on a charter boat.. If alone, check as some boat's have open spot's. If shore fishing is your only option, throw some metal,popper's etc. Bait wise try snagging a live bunker (big treble snag hook, sold in most tackle shop's) as for clam's striper's love the bellies.. Hope this help's..

·
Registered
19,645 Posts
tb83874 said:
im goin to the cape may area in mid may i was wondering if anyone had any experience in the area and would be willing to share some tips or some spots in the area
The spring striper run is very hit or miss around the Cape May area by mid to late May . They do get them from the beach over at Cape May Point and Sun Set beach off the rock piles. You would do better jumping on one of the charter captains that sail open charters. The Stalker, Atom Bomb and the HOOKED UP II are great boats to start out on and their success rate is almost 100%
If you’re looking to fish in the surf you would do much better heading up to Long Beach Island or Island Beach State Park for stripers. They are a lot more constant up there……..well Pre- Sandy anyhow and the water dropped off quicker than the gentle slops further south.
Good Luck

1 - 15 of 15 Posts