The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son asked if he could use his crossbow on Gobblers, and have me shoot back up with the 12 gauge.

Considering he never got a turkey I was a little surprised , but with the way he shoots the crossbow I have no reservations on accuracy.

We got it tack driving with muzzy 100's and Slick Tricks 100's both, but is there a certain turkey broadhead you would use for turkeys that would work better?

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
RB I would just use whats working for you. Just make sure John knows where to hit a bird at. The fixed heads will work great.

·
Registered
615 Posts
RoosterBooster,just put a muzzy grasshopper behind both of those heads and you will kill turkeys
leaving the shaft in bird =dead bird......cant fly with a shaft through them!!

·
Registered
264 Posts
Go for it !! I am proud of your son !!! The sooner he leaves the Shotgun behind the better he will be !!! My dad broke me when I was "NINE" !!! I am now 62.

·
Registered
28,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks gentleman...now if I can call or more like non-call one in (I tend to call too much I think)

·
Registered
264 Posts
I am sorry Rooster, I never gave you an answer: I give them the HOT SAUCE with a 3 Blade 125 Muzzy !!

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
I would use the head that shoots the best. Combine it like secret said with a quality grappler like he suggested or the Zwickey Scorpio and you are all set.

·
Registered
264 Posts
arrowhead said:
I would use the head that shoots the best. Combine it like secret said with a quality grappler like he suggested or the Zwickey Scorpio and you are all set.
I have 'BLOWN BOTH" threw numerous Birds!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts