The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
I have one and struggle to get the right sound from it. I think it is a great call. I just have not mastered it. Naturally they make it look easy but I am call challenged. I strugle with most any mouth call including duck and goose calls. I stick to my slates and boxes if I want to have any chance at all.

·
Registered
8,072 Posts
i bought a flextone thunder gobble but that thing is hard to uses. I am like the guy off of police academy when it comes to making noises and struggle with it. So i just came up with a way to gobble with my mouth call

·
Registered
145 Posts
I have not heard anything yet that beats the snuff tube. However, I've never seen the Haint in person. I think these calls make far better sounds than the "shakers". Some of those sound pretty rough. Up close they may be passable, but I have had the opportunity of hearing one from a distance while hunting and it did not sound like a turkey. More like rubber in a blender.

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
I got the Flextone Thunder Gobbler down pat. Sounds perfect to me. It requires a lot of air and a sharp Tucka...tucka..tucka sound.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
G2CDeer said:
This is a sweet sounding gobble call, its called The Haint Gobble call. I have never used one before but this guy in the video makes it sound AWESOME. The video start off slow but this is one of the most realistic gobble sound I have ever heard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vBYigXXq_4

I'll second this! I have a Haint and it's so realistic and easy that it's scary!! It's also loud so you will be heard.

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
I will try to post a sound clip of a call that will be coming out next year that I would say is the best sounding gobble call that I have heard- it's called a Tim Grounds Thunder. There were only a few made this year and I ended up getting one of them. I'm not great on it, but definitely improving. It's basically a short reed goose call that's tuned out of whack so it requires significant back pressure and voice inflection. You work it just like you were doing a feeder duck call with a lot more hand movement. The other cool thing about this call is that it does a great crow as well. Keep your eyes open for it next year. Tim grounds waterfowl calls are some of the best in the business!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts