The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My hunting goals are to take a buck with my bow and a doe with my flinter. I just started hunting archery and black powder last year but didn't have much time to do it. I should have more time this year. What are your goals for this year?

·
Registered
7,406 Posts
I'd love to take a deer with a crossbow this season. More importantly, I'm looking forward to seeing some amazing sunrises with my son and a close friend or two.

·
Registered
946 Posts
My goal this season is to harvest something in the 130" range with the bow. Might lower my standards if I can locate a goofy racked 3 year old.

·
Registered
823 Posts
My goal this year is to scout a little more so I can increase my chances of tagging a buck. The only buck I saw last year during the hunting seasons was the one my girlfriend arrowed.

·
Registered
18,565 Posts
Get the dogs out more days to more locations and onto more rabbits. Waugh!

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Was at camp last weekend. Had a very large bear,over 400 lbs, at the end of my driveway. My goal is to get a Pa. black bear this year. I'm going to get serious.

·
Registered
12,209 Posts
I am going to stay concentrated on meaningful shots at woodchucks and not the number of kills. What is important to me now is: the stalk, the range, the weather and the overall difficulty. Going to try for a buck with the AuSable or Montana long bow.

·
Registered
4,163 Posts
my goal is to just enjoy the outdoors for as long as I can, enough said !!!....

·
Registered
249 Posts
As always enjoy my time in the woods as much as possible and not take for granted a single sunrise or sunset. In addition this year going to try and get my oldest daughter her first deer and or turkey.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
To enjoy every minute of hunting with my best friend and hunting partner my wife and to hopefully watch her kill her first Bull with a bow this year in CO..

·
Registered
5,629 Posts
Same as every year, spend every minute I can in a tree stand with my bow in Pa. or Ohio.

·
Registered
195 Posts
As always,for me,my friends,and family to make it through the season safely.I spend more time now trying to make sure that others have an enjoyable hunt.Have a few young hunters that i would love to see get their first buck this year.my personal goal now is to try and shoot a bear with the bow this year.and if i could find a way to keep my brother from shaking the camp with his snoring that would be great.

·
Registered
152 Posts
For me just enjoy the time I have to spend in Gods outdoor creation.

·
Super Moderator
12,829 Posts
Fall turkey with the flintlock turkey Fowler

If I don't shoot a buck in archery season I'd love to kill one with my flintlock I'm finishing up building...

If not a doe or 2 with the flintlock I'm building..

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
I used to have big goals to strive for. Now that I'm entering my 39th hunting season, I'm only looking at 2 goals.

1) To successfully draw a Pennsylvania Elk Tag and actually harvest a Pennsylvania Elk. (Before the PGC decides to totally eliminate them from the state when chronic wasting disease hits the herd)

2) Stay awake on the stand this year....

·
Registered
652 Posts
My #1 goal is to get my son out as much as possible and teach him as much as i can about the outdoors. Maybe even fill his first deer tag as a mentored youth. Really looking forward to this fall!

·
Premium Member
Ravin R9
5,751 Posts
My Goal is the same every year.
Do better than the previous year.
Didn't harvest a Deer last year so meat in the Freezer is tops on the list.
Good Luck to all this coming year.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts