The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First and foremost on my list for 2013 is to get my 9 year old his first bird. He's been out with me over the years but I really feel this year he is ready to harvest a bird. The 20 gauge fits him well and he is much better at sitting still and is learning the ways of the woods.

Second will be to take a bird with a crossbow. I'm fairly confident that I can get an opportunity, just need to make sure I do my part.

Lastly I want to call in and kill a bird with a handmade slate call I've been playing around with for awhile.

Lets hear it, what are your 2013 turkey season goals???

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
First is to take the first longbeard that gets within 40 yards to complete my triply trophy this license year and have it on video on my barrel mounted camcorder. Second, is to fill tag #2 with my 20 gauge that I'm getting currently getting setup to be a gobbler slayer. It'll be nice to carry since its so much lighter than my 835.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Spend as many mornings as I can calling birds for friends and my fiancé. I also have 2 tags of my own I'd like to wrap around the legs of 2 big old long beards ! But honestly I have just as much fun watching someone else pull the trigger. I will set the goal of calling in 4 birds for kills this season, and harvest at least one bird my self.

·
Registered
18,708 Posts
Crossbow gobbler or gobblers on film.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Call in and kill two gobblers on film this year, call in a bird for my old man who hasn't turkey hunted in a few years. Get my best buddy a bird as well. Plan to film my dad and buddy. If by chance things work out and put some tags on birds early.. I'm going to play camera man for my other friends @ their spots. But we'll see how that goes... I had an opprotunity to join a hunting group and we're going to take it really serious this year

·
Registered
410 Posts
Call in a Gobbler for my grandson he's 11. I'd like to get it on my camcorder. Also kill a bird with my 20 gage flintlock.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Help a jr. hunter to get the oppertunity to kill a gobbler !

·
Premium Member
24,075 Posts
Fill both my tags plus help my buddys daughter, 20 gauge Paige, get her gobbler for her last Mentored Youth Hunt. Hopefully she'll be able to call it in herself on the slate call she got for Christmas.

·
Registered
13,199 Posts
For my son and/or I to kill a gobbler. We're in a serious drought!

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
There's a wise old bird that's given me and my mentored youth hunter the slip the last two years... this year I want him to fall on camera, bright and early on the 20th:)

With a new job, I'm pretty much reduced to a weekend warrior this year, so my primary regular season goal is to avoid the crowds and get some good footage, as I'll probably be hunting with my friends and family for the most part. I wouldn't argue with whackin' a bird or two myself at some point either.

·
Registered
972 Posts
2 turkeys in NY and PA.
Call in a gobbler for a mentored youth hunt on the 20th, I will be meeting the young fellow tomorrow night. His name is Sam. I have a couple calls to give him and get him started. I like to promote the sport..... I was told he is very excited.
Good goals all in all....

·
Super Moderator
4,388 Posts
Call in a gobbler for a mentored youth hunt on the 20th, I will be meeting the young fellow tomorrow night. His name is Sam. I have a couple calls to give him and get him started. I like to promote the sport..... I was told he is very excited.

Very kind gesture, Denny

That's sets a fine example for all of us to follow....

·
Registered
5,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Denny Emery said:
2 turkeys in NY and PA.
great move
Good luck to you and Sam

·
Registered
6,416 Posts
1. Put a tom in front of my 8 year old daughter

2. Have my older boy hammer another tom on youth day

3. Wrap my own tag around a Merriam's or 3

4. Fill a PA tag or two

1 - 20 of 26 Posts