The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,451 Posts
They're not too bad around the house, knock on wood. We were up at my mom's last week doing some cleanup work for her around the property. The gnats were so bad that I didn't know how much work we'd get done. The kids were constantly complaining, but some Cutter repellent that mom pulled out of her car eased it somewhat for them. Didn't have a high percentage of DEET in it, but by the can it looked to be at least 20 years old, maybe it works better with age. :)
I had a lot of work to do with the chainsaw and didn't feel like dealing with swatting at me head, so I used the Deepwoods OFF that is 90 or 95% DEET. Sprayed on my hat and around my neck seemed to do the trick.
The dog didn't fare so well. She must have gotten some in her eye because one of them was swollen to the point of almost closed for a day. She looked like Rocky after the first bout against Apollo Creed.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Today I thought I would wear safety glasses and shoot my bow. No spray or anything. It was terrible. Not only was I swarmed, you cant see through a peep to focus on the pin and then see the target.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts