The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Using generic glyphosate 41% with surfactant already added have had fairly good results by might need to repeat spray. Used Poast Plus which supposedly has surfactant also to kill grass in a clover field and had to spray 2-3 times to be effective. Do you recommend adding additonal surfact to Glyphosate and Poast Plus. Will it be more effective? If so what kind of surfactant do you recommend? I am not at the property full time so don't have a lot of flexibility. Thanks!

·
Registered
27,829 Posts
Poast is a tricky herbicide to use. It needs to be timed right. Tall grass, it won't work well on. Grasses need to be in the 4-6 inch range, for best results, if I remember right. It also take 2-3 weeks to see it brown up.

One other thing to keep in mind, mineral content of water, I've heard, can reduce the effectiveness of Glyphosate, and I'm asuming that is true of other herbicides?

Just food for thought.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Bob, I just bought 2 1/2 gallon of the Post plus at the Agway in Montrose for $200 along with after market round up for over $100.

I sprayed my clover plot & Fall plot on Friday, & about 1 1/2 hrs. later it started to rain. I will be be going up on the 4th to probaly spray again.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Dutch, I've been using well H20 which seems pretty soft. But also the grass has been 6-12" when I've spayed, as I don't have constant access to a mower.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Joe, that's where I get all my supplies. Think I paid $180 for Poast+ last year. I sprayed end of April. But won't get back up until early Aug. so we'll see how it took. Do you add crop oilo or other surfactants to Poast + or Glyphosate?

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Bob - FYI, There is a clambake on July 25 at the Summit on RT 706 in New Milford from 7PM to 11 PM for $38. Tickets go on sale this weekend.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts