The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if there is a special way that you would need to glue your inserts to get the best accuracy? What i mean by that is should i screw a broad head onto each insert before i glue it in to make sure the blades line up exactly the same on each arrow? Ive notice from years before when i was having my arrows MTo that the blades on the BH's would never align the same on each arrow. Ive always wondered if this would affect accuracy in any way?

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
The alignment of the broadhead is a myth. If your bow is properly tuned, every head should hit the same spot. Now there can be problems with the insert. If you put the head on an arrow and spin it, it should spin flawlessly. If it wobbles, you have a practice arrow, or get another insert and see if it wobbles then.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
The most important thing is that the end of the shaft is square and the insert seats properly. Aligning broadhead blades does nothing other than looking cool. As spur stated spin test each one with your broadheads.

·
Registered
5,061 Posts
sendero said:
The most important thing is that the end of the shaft is square and the insert seats properly. Aligning broadhead blades does nothing other than looking cool. As spur stated spin test each one with your broadheads.
Using the G5 ASD tool will help you get better accuracy and better installation of your inserts. This tool has two cutting edges. One for carbon and one for aluminum. First square off the shaft, then glue your inserts. As you insert the insert, twist the insert as it goes in. Once the insert is completely dry(wait an hour or two), use the aluminum cutter and then square off the insert. This will help you get more arrows that will be square when installing broad heads. Then spin test them and check for any wobble. If you find any wobble, try another broad head.

By doing these extra steps, you will find yourself getting more arrows with an accurate wobble free broad heads.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
When I make up my arrows I use a 24 hr. epoxy (Devcon) for the inserts. This gives you plenty of time to install the insert w/broadhead, spin on your arrow spinner to check wobble and adjust if necessary. After getting a true spin, carefully stand them up and leave them until the next day.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
i use the glue sticks for hot glue guns to glue all of my inserts in just make sure that the arrow is clean inside and u shouldnt have any issues

1 - 8 of 8 Posts