The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looked at previous posts and did not find any about gloves. I am looking for a pair that willl keep me warm and dry but also not lose dexterity. Due to medication I take my hands and feet are the first to get cold and once I am cold I no longer enjoy it.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
I bought a pair of the Gander Mountain TecH2O gloves a couple months back and I think they are great. My hands have been warm and I didn't have any trouble with them as I drew my bow and worked my release.

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
In order of best warmest,
Muff
Mittens
Gloves

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
I have this problem with warm blood getting to the ends. I made a pair of mittens that you would hang on the pack belt that goes around your waist. You need to find sheep hide, it must not have been sheared. This is super importment, NOT sheared, ever!!! You can make the mitten large enough to place your gloved hand into or as I did make it to fit my bare hand. I have put a hand warmer into each one, but it was to hot! Then walking or on stand my hands can be slipped out to shoot. These babies WILL keep your hands warm. Make them a little larger than needed. Go to an Amish harness shop to get them sewed. I forgot to say, the wool goes to the inside!

·
Registered
7,690 Posts
Bought a pair of ugly brown wool mittens with the flip top for fingers at W-mart for less than $10 ....very warm.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts