The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just can't seem to find that perfect glove. Looking for waterproof, insulated (but not thick or bulky) with the index finger more sensitive for shooting. Camo would be a plus. Everything I see is either too bulky for good rifle shooting, not waterproof, or un-insulated. Not a fan of mittens or glomits. Looking for something versatile enough to wear duck hunting and also deer hunting, if it exists.

·
Registered
818 Posts
The last pair I had that fit your description were Cabelas. Goretex insulated thin shooting finger and camo. They're no longer waterproof but they were good gloves while they lasted. Worked great duck hunting.

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
In cold weather I use mittens. It's not how you look. It comes down to how you feel.
Just got some army mittens and wool gaiters for the winter.
I waterproof items myself with the use of heavy duty silicone spray from the auto parts store or department. A number of times stayed dried in a tent in a 2 or 3 A.M. downpour.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
There is nothing out there that fits the bill for me. I usually end up wearing a pair of fingerless wool gloves and a "muff", like the QB's use. I've given up on synthetic fibers, give me good old wool any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

·
Registered
52,307 Posts
I have a pair of Woolrich gloves, the best I ever had, starting to get a little threadbare , need to find another pair like them,,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts