The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
I used rubber until I got smarter. Then I used cotton and used many pairs. One set for the dirt and handling items, one for traps (sometimes I used rubber for this), one pair for lures and scent, main pair for the cold and carrying when moving. Wash and let set out to dry and then place in dry woods dirt and use as needed.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Teddy (punchie) said:
I used rubber until I got smarter. Then I used cotton and used many pairs. One set for the dirt and handling items, one for traps (sometimes I used rubber for this), one pair for lures and scent, main pair for the cold and carrying when moving. Wash and let set out to dry and then place in dry woods dirt and use as needed.
Couldn't your dirt handling ones be the ones for your traps too?

·
Registered
177 Posts
When your gloves do get "contaminated" what do you use to remove the odors?

I was thinking baking soda & peroxide, then thoroughly rinse with water. Any disadvantage to that?

I have several pairs that i'd like to get back into action.

·
Registered
39 Posts
DustyRoads said:
When your gloves do get "contaminated" what do you use to remove the odors?

I was thinking baking soda & peroxide, then thoroughly rinse with water. Any disadvantage to that?

I have several pairs that i'd like to get back into action.
I like Natures Miracle and arm and hammer free and clear

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was wearing rubber gloves for the last 4 years and switch to leather for this year to see the difference. Don't know if I made a mistake yet or not.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I use a pair of leather for fresh sets and a different pair of leather or rubber for remakes. I don't think it really matters that much

·
Registered
626 Posts
ive always had issues feeling the dog while im setting wearing gloves. one of the first times i tried setting with gloves i thought i had the dog solid slipped off and SNAP lol got myself by the pinky.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Atlas Thermal Fit size medium for regular hands...

You wont buy gloves for anything else ever again... there freaking great! i give them as gifts haha. Good dexterity, great warmth, good grip. When there dirty I wash them. After 4-5 washes/drys I've worn the grip off and I throw them out. I bought a lifetime supply case of them on amazon for $3 a pair.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts